• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tax forms for salaries

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lolo
    This is a very nice option which I may consider as the last resort. Even when this seems a bit illegal. When I was working for Arabs doing exactly so (but there was no VAT charged - wise people).

Cheers,
    Lolo
    You could always phone this number 0845 608 6000 and ask them how best to proceed with this.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Malvolio,

Note taken - however - are you a scorned accountant to keep on insting "get an accountant" line. Get life! There are guys smarter than you who can manage running a small l company without this sort of advice.

Cheers,
      Lolo
      Errm - I don't think so...If it's that simple, why did you ask the original question?

Anyway, I'll not bother any more - I trust you are happy being self-sufficient in the matter of sex...
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Nice line M.

Originally posted by malvolio
        Errm - I don't think so...If it's that simple, why did you ask the original question?

Anyway, I'll not bother any more - I trust you are happy being self-sufficient in the matter of sex...
        Is he smart enough to understand it though?
        Why not?

Comment

Dundeegeorge,

Thanks for note, be assured nothing wrong with me head.

How about your then?
          Are you a pitiful accountant in line to only bark incapable of thinking on some more productive stuff.

Cheers,
          Lolo

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
            Is he smart enough to understand it though?
            Obviously not...
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Would it be any difference if I am not on the payroll (haven't got work contract with my LTD), but get only directors' fee and that's is rather rarely event.
              no, irrespective of whether you have a contract of employment, the company must still pay you through a qualifying PAYE scheme.

On the more general point you can, of course, do all of the work yourself (probably would take 2 days/month to begin with, dropping back to a day/month once you've sorted it). It's just that, the time you spend on doing your own accounts and payroll administration is time you could be spending on fee-earning work. If you're any good, then you should be earning more per hour than you would pay the accountant to do it for you. Accountant = c. 80-120/month
              You = more than 80-120/day

working weekends to do it is an option of course, but then if you wanted to work weekends for that sort of money, you wouldn't be considering contracting.

=> to do anything else but appoint an accountant would be, what's the phrase that's been knocking about here...? Stupid.
              Plan A is located just about here.
              If that doesn't work, then there's always plan B

Comment

Dundeegeorge,

Thanks for note, be assured nothing wrong with me head.

How about your then?
                Are you a pitiful accountant in line to only bark incapable of thinking on some more productive stuff.

Cheers,
                Lolo
                Lolo,

Please don't get drawn into having an argument with these idiots. They spend all there time on here picking on newbies - especially if they aren't too good with the English.

Listen, just phone your local tax office (look on Yellow pages under tax) and ask them to send you a p.45 form. Fill this in and thats all there is too it.
                The p.45 effectively registers you as a self employed, self administrator so there is no need to do PAYE or anything like that.
                Each time you pay yourself, you just have to ring up the tax office again and tell them that you have self administered. Easy !!!

Good luck !!!

Comment

Lucifer,

This country has excellent rates it just a matter of squeezing it like a lemon,

I don't think he is looking for the correct answer

Comment

Thanks XLMonkey & G8_Sumit,

That's exactly what I after, this P45 form.. or whatever it is called in this country. Have called TaxMan and should be in under my door soon. .
                    -----
                    Personally, I really don't have anything against accountants, they are the sort of profession like any other (although a bit boring) - but simply it is not the advice I am after, and which some of the idiots like Dundeegeorge, malvolio, DaveB, foritisme, hyperD .. etc.. - under the cover of "help" are publicising on the forum with the real aim of offending. Keep lads this sort of counsel to yourself or give it to other idiots like you.

Cheers,
                    Lolo

Comment

Oh, if the Tax Man asks any questions about what your doing just point them here. They dont always know all the regulations themselves and sites like this are a good way for them to check up.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X