• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting in Finland with Von Essen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting in Finland with Von Essen

Anyone know anything about von Essen, and their solution whereby approximately half one's salary is paid into a Swiss account, Swiss corporation tax is paid on this, and the remainder is taxed locally?

Any other ideas for contracting in Finland for longer than 6 months?

Barge Pole, very long, don´t touch spring to mind.

Can´t believe this is legal.

The safest risk free way of operating in any country is to get everything taxed there and have done with it.

Go and see a reputable Finish tax expert, when you get there and get some advice on your options. Don´t rely on the advice of a (so called) tax consultant who you can´t point to when the Finish tax authorities coming knocking on your door.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Barge Pole, very long, don´t touch spring to mind.

Thanks for the advice. I'd already decided I didn't like the sound of the split income scheme. They tell me they can offer an alternative, whereby I pay local taxes. That would just leave the not-so-slight problem of Finnish Hector wanting back tax for the first 6 months.

Looks like I'll be heading back to Blighty.

Comment

Von Essen will take your money......and keep it!!!

Comment

Working...
        X