• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Transfering personal debts to ltd company?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're inside IR35 and it seems like you are based on B&C's review, then dividends are not an option anyway.

Why not just find a new brolly that doesn't screw you around?

Comment

Originally posted by Bexter View Post
      thank you all for the replies, definately given me things to think about.

I understand my questions are questions for an accountant, but as I'm not currently doing the ltd company, I don't have an accountant to ask! So I appreciate your comments. I've been reading the forum for a while so I know you all know what you're doing, I'm just still a bit lost with the whole thing. I'll figure it out eventually!
      First of all, if you want to call or email me I'm more than happy to explain the ins and outs of a ltd company, and how it would or wouldn't work for you.

Secondly, did you consider moving to an umbrella company that will do your payroll correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        If you're inside IR35 and it seems like you are based on B&C's review, then dividends are not an option anyway.

Why not just find a new brolly that doesn't screw you around?
        Well yes, this is the thing, I've tried 3 already! I don't understand, I send my timesheet to them and my agency on a friday afternoon, always on time and within deadlines, but yet they seem to mess it up more often than they get it right! But unfortuantely, I think for me its the only thing I can do right now.

Thanks Sue ellen for the information, I appreciate what you say about getting contract rewritten, but if it really doesn't reflect what I do, aren't I taking quite a big risk? Plus, if I do get investigated and they find B&C gave me advice that I was inside, looks a bit incriminating doesn't it?

Comment

Well yes, this is the thing, I've tried 3 already! I don't understand, I send my timesheet to them and my agency on a friday afternoon, always on time and within deadlines, but yet they seem to mess it up more often than they get it right! But unfortuantely, I think for me its the only thing I can do right now.
          You sure it's not the agency you use mucking you around?

Thanks Sue ellen for the information, I appreciate what you say about getting contract rewritten, but if it really doesn't reflect what I do, aren't I taking quite a big risk? Plus, if I do get investigated and they find B&C gave me advice that I was inside, looks a bit incriminating doesn't it?
          If your working practises are strictly within IR35 then you can't get out of it.

If they are not or you can easily change them not to be then you should get the contract rewritten.

Lots of it depends on the client's practise not the agent view as the agent doesn't tend to know what is going on site unless they place loads of contractors there and one blabs.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

[QUOTE=Bexter;1169040]Well yes, this is the thing, I've tried 3 already! I don't understand, I send my timesheet to them and my agency on a friday afternoon, always on time and within deadlines, but yet they seem to mess it up more often than they get it right! But unfortuantely, I think for me its the only thing I can do right now.

Are you sending your umbrella your expenses at the same time as your timesheets? If not this could be where the delay is coming from?

Also, everytime you've changed umbrella there should have been a new contract drawn up, which again could be a reason for the delay?

Comment

Working...
            X