• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Late invoice payments...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    Why. I've had a contract like that before. Invoice on Friday payment on Wednesday. Sorted.
    So have I. I think that it's the line "with an agent, you need to tell them payment is weekly on the dot or you split." that makes it amusing.

Of course, now that we are out of a recession and into boom times, it's the time to be laying down the law to the agencies. It's not like they've got plenty of other candidates to choose from, is it?
    If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
      Why. I've had a contract like that before. Invoice on Friday payment on Wednesday. Sorted.
      I once had an agent who took me out for regular curries. Doesn't mean I expect all my agents over the years to do that. And I certainly wouldn't split if they refused.

Mate of mine biffed his (female) agent once. I rest my case...
      Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
        I dont want to damage their reputation if it is an honest mistake.
        What is this thing called "reputation" you perceive your agent to have?
        Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
          So have I. I think that it's the line "with an agent, you need to tell them payment is weekly on the dot or you split." that makes it amusing.
          Poll on its way...
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
            New contract, new agent. They told me that they pay 30 days after invoice.
            First invoice payment 1 week late and counting...
            I invoice weekly on this contract and the 2nd one was also due last week, still unpaid.

Do some agents think it is ok to just relax and take their time? I always print the due date on my invoices as a helpful reminder.

My last agent was very prompt and was no later than 1 day, and sometimes paid a day early.
            Hi
            You are legally entitled to charge interest at a set percentage above the BOE base rate. It may be an idea to put a notation on your invoices stating that any late overdue payment will be subject to interest and invoiced accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sally BFCA View Post
              Hi
              You are legally entitled to charge interest at a set percentage above the BOE base rate. It may be an idea to put a notation on your invoices stating that any late overdue payment will be subject to interest and invoiced accordingly.
              Yeah, see the payontime website for full details. Also note that you don't have to have informed them beforehand that you are charging them interest for overdue invoices.

As long as the agency isn't likely to go bust anytime soon you could sit back earning 8% + BOE base rate on whatever's owed you.

Not sure if you can submit an invoice for the late payment interest, then when they don't pay that on time, invoice them charging interest on the interest, ad infinitum, but if you could it would be a nice little earner.
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Accounts departments pay on a "who shouts loudest basis".

Chase your debt. Ring up and ask when you can expect payment.

Comment

Working...
                X