• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Claiming clothing expenses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darren@UptonAccountants View Post
    Yes Lisa that's correct, designer wear not good, HMRC will kick that out, something a bit more ordinary. Or get some trousers and shirts/t-shirts made up for work and embroidered up. Can still be used for golfing afterwards!
    <<cough>> Duality of purpose <<cough>>
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

So this is ok
      "Formal evening dress which, because of the customary practice of a particular occupation, is habitually worn on a day to day basis while performing the duties (for example, dinner jackets worn by waiters) may also be accepted. "

But a lawyers Gown and wig aren't
      I need to make a note of the people defending their case and avoid ever using them...how carp must they be!

A chunk of the 21% corp tax saved is eaten up by having logos embroidered nicely. Which clients in the IT world are going to want you parading round wearing it either?

Comment

Branding

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
        <<cough>> Duality of purpose <<cough>>

Only if you're daft enough to play golf with an inspector!

All fun aside, any item should be judged on it's own merits.

Comment

Only if you're daft enough to play golf with an inspector!

All fun aside, any item should be judged on it's own merits.
          You have Paul Smith suits with Upton Accountants embroided on them? You flash git... I will wear it for you to advertise your business and NOT charge you for the pleasure. How can I say fairer. I will PM you my chest size and address!!!
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            will PM you my chest size and address!!!

Comment

I know darren. I amaze myself with my generous helpful outlook
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

BBC presenter failed with her attempt at getting clothing put through
                here

Comment

How about if my company is called 'Black Pinstrip White Shirt Blue Tie Black Shoes Ltd'?
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I bought a pencil which I only intend to use at work. Can I reclaim this as an expense?

Jesus fookin christ, is business that bad you want to claim for a suit? FFS, you must be tighter than a nun's chuff.

Get a grip...
                    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                      I bought a pencil which I only intend to use at work. Can I reclaim this as an expense?

Jesus fookin christ, is business that bad you want to claim for a suit? FFS, you must be tighter than a nun's chuff.

Get a grip...
                      WHS
                      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                      X