• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New limited company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New limited company

Hi,
    I am new to contacting . I am working under umbrella company right now. i am planning to open an limited company now. If I will close that company after 4 months , what are the legal complexity and cost involve. please suggest.

Best Regards,
    Sukalyan

I suggest you don't bother.

HTH
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      I suggest you don't bother.

HTH
      Agreed - the costs in opening, running and closing the company will outweigh the tax benefits.
      ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by sukalyan View Post
        Hi,
        I am new to contacting . I am working under umbrella company right now. i am planning to open an limited company now. If I will close that company after 4 months , what are the legal complexity and cost involve. please suggest.

Best Regards,
        Sukalyan
        Oh dear. How do these people get jobs!?
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
          Oh dear. How do these people get jobs!?
          why you have doubt on other's talent .

Comment

Originally posted by sukalyan View Post
            why you have doubt on other's talent .
            Cos Im a bolshie bastard, that's why.

Seriously, can you not work out the set up costs of an ltd co? Can you not realise irrespective of whether the company trades for 4 months, 8 months or 12 months, the accountancy fees will be broadly the same and that these will be hundreds of pounds if not close to a thousand?
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Nothing to do with doubting talents, quite a lot to do with why you would want to do it in the first place. As BB says you won't save accoutning fees, you will still have to do the tax calculations and pay the money, you will have to get HMRC approval to close down the company - which may not be granted - and you weill have a legally binding set of responsibilites. Plus opening a company with the intention of closing it down in a very short time doesn't say to me, and will not say to HMRC, that you are looking at doing this for the right reasons.

Hence my original answer - I suggest you don't bother.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                Nothing to do with doubting talents, quite a lot to do with why you would want to do it in the first place. As BB says you won't save accoutning fees, you will still have to do the tax calculations and pay the money, you will have to get HMRC approval to close down the company - which may not be granted - and you weill have a legally binding set of responsibilites. Plus opening a company with the intention of closing it down in a very short time doesn't say to me, and will not say to HMRC, that you are looking at doing this for the right reasons.

Hence my original answer - I suggest you don't bother.
                Thanks a lot for your suggestion

Comment

Working...
                X