• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Non-UK registered Ltd Company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non-UK registered Ltd Company

Hi. This is a question for any recruitment consultants on the forum ... Is there any reason that prevents a contractor from using a non-UK registered LTD company ? A LTD company registered in, say, France ? I get knocked back all the time by agencies that refuse to allow me to use my FR-registered LTD company. So I am wondering if there is a particular accounting or tax reason for this, or if it just means more paperwork for the agency ? Thanks.

This is not an answer for a recruitment consultant, but from a contractor who has worked in the UK with his non-uk registered limited company. Some agencies will do, some won't. Those who won't are worried that you'll take the money and not pay the tax due on it to HMRC, and then they'll have to pay it.

What the true situation is, like most of international tax, is anyone's guess.

Anyone can choose to do business with, or not, with anyone. AFAIK they're not breaking any laws. Though there is a potential issue in that companies in one country in the EFTA are supposed to be able to trade with any other companies within the EFTA.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Though there is a potential issue in that companies in one country in the EFTA are supposed to be able to trade with any other companies within the EFTA.
      Thanks a lot. I've found this whole thing a really murky area. I use my FR-registered LTD Co. to provide services and invoice clients in other EU states with no problem, so it seems unusual that agencies in the UK all want to refuse it.

BTW : the EFTA is just Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland. Do you mean the EU ?

Comment

Originally posted by aucomptoir View Post
        Thanks a lot. I've found this whole thing a really murky area. I use my FR-registered LTD Co. to provide services and invoice clients in other EU states with no problem, so it seems unusual that agencies in the UK all want to refuse it.

BTW : the EFTA is just Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland. Do you mean the EU ?
        I think that NotAllThere meant EEA rather than EFTA.
        If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Working...
        X