• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Haven't been using company but it's not dormant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't been using company but it's not dormant

Hi, I've not been using my Ltd but it's paid the occasional expense and it's not dormant

Therefore I'll need to do a full corporation tax return

Do you think any of the normal accountants will do accounts for a reduced rate because the company's had no income and therefore no profit?

Or will it be fairly easy for me to do myself? On the basis that if I mess it up there's not much of a likely penalty as I can't possibly evade any tax

Cheers

Originally posted by bingocaller88 View Post
    Hi, I've not been using my Ltd but it's paid the occasional expense and it's not dormant

Therefore I'll need to do a full corporation tax return

Do you think any of the normal accountants will do accounts for a reduced rate because the company's had no income and therefore no profit?

Or will it be fairly easy for me to do myself? On the basis that if I mess it up there's not much of a likely penalty as I can't possibly evade any tax

Cheers
    I'm sure someone will offer to do at a discounted rate.

If you had been using an accountant in the past, why not ask them?

if there have been expenses, they can be offset against previous years' profits ... you may be getting a refund

Comment

Tend to agree with your last idea. I suspect that many who would not otherwise do so will do their own accounts when only a few hundred quid is involved.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by questiontime View Post
        I'm sure someone will offer to do at a discounted rate.

If you had been using an accountant in the past, why not ask them?
        Actually even for dormant accounts they still wanted a lot

Originally posted by questiontime View Post
        if there have been expenses, they can be offset against previous years' profits ... you may be getting a refund
        Nice. However the company will have had income for the following year so I guess it'll be easier to offset them against that

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Tend to agree with your last idea. I suspect that many who would not otherwise do so will do their own accounts when only a few hundred quid is involved.
          Thanks. I mean I can see what the accountant did last time and just base it on that

Comment

Working...
          X