• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last 2 weekends running I have received demands. I suppose the opportunity to spoil a Bank Holiday weekend was too good to miss. Is anyone else being hit in this way? I feel harrassed and very stressed.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
      Duration

The hearing is scheduled to last 3 days.

Dates

It will either be:

Tue/Wed/Thu, 2nd-4th November 2010

OR

Wed/Thu/Fri, 3rd-5th November 2010

This will be confirmed on Monday 1st November.

Running Order

PwC's case will be heard first, then Montpelier's.

Judges

THE CHANCELLOR OF THE HIGH COURT
      LORD JUSTICE HUGHES
      LORD JUSTICE AIKENS
      Thanks for the update DR.... Bring it on!!

Comment

Court of Appeal Date

Duration

The hearing is scheduled to last 3 days.

Dates

It will either be:

Tue/Wed/Thu, 2nd-4th November 2010

So if we win, can HMRC appeal? if we lose what is the next stage?

Comment

Has anyone had a response from their MP yet. I don't want to know the content (the walls have ears) but just interested as mine has not responded.

LL

Comment

Originally posted by JaredM View Post
            So Ingram lied / failed to recollect / was economical with the truth. I wonder how long until the other ministers (Timms!) come clean.

I think that when MPs mislead parliament (or civil servants if they're the ones responsible) then it should be treated as a criminal offence and dealt with harshly.
            A second interesting feature of this story is that the QC on the side of the complainant is none other than our old friend/adversary Rabinder Singh..

I think Jane Kennedy's words at the Treasury Committee when BN66 was voted on would fall under the caption of "failed to recollect". If the complainant in this case wins perhaps our legal team could use it as a precedent. It would be great value to see Singh try and undermine one of his own cases!
            Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
            "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

Originally posted by Buzby View Post
              So if we win, can HMRC appeal? if we lose what is the next stage?
              Either side could appeal to the Supreme Court. Ultimately, it will probably end up in the European courts.

Comment

mp

Originally posted by Lazylobster View Post
                Has anyone had a response from their MP yet. I don't want to know the content (the walls have ears) but just interested as mine has not responded.

LL
                got my reply a few days ago, as you say walls have ears, but I can say it was positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzby View Post
                  got my reply a few days ago, as you say walls have ears, but I can say it was positive.
                  nothing as yet from my MP, sent him a chase yesterday

Comment

(and I hope their FOI Team are reading this)

is that they utterly resent what I'm doing. "Hate" is probably not too strong a word for their feelings towards me. I think they assume I'm just playing games and being deliberately bloody minded.

Well I'm not. I've had people confide in me that they have contemplated ending their life, so this is deadly serious.

My only goal with the FOI requests etc. is to try and get at the truth. Because of their underhand evasive tactics and total lack of candour, they have forced me to become a pain in the arse.

Based on everything I've learned over the past 2 years, this is what I believe to be true:

Now, if HMRC really wanted to shut me up why don't they waive their rights and prove that this was not the real motive behind s.58?

Until they come clean, they are not going to get me off their backs.

PS.

What I'm planning to do next is going to seriously piss them off but I make no apologies for this because they've brought it on themselves. This is just a job to them, and I'm looking out for people whose lives will be ruined.

Go to it DR!! Make life as difficult as possible for them! Lying bunch of sh1ts!

Comment

Reply from MP

My reply was a little vaugue and non commital....... Got it this morning about a week after I sent my letter(not a bad time turn around)
                      I don't believe it.........

Comment

Working...
                      X