• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
    anyone fancy putting something forwards:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politi...10/8589502.stm
    I've put in several covering all the areas which Brown is doing such a marvellous job of looking after - immigration, education, pensions, taxation.

Comment

Originally posted by greybob View Post
      My first post - any advice greatly appreciated. Apologies if this question is on the wrong thread.
      I received a cn for 2007 about 3 weeks ago - mp sent appeal in and now I've received a threat of the debt being passed to the collectors if I dont pay in full immediately. Is this whats happening to all on here?
      The same happened to me as well. Get back onto MP asap, and get them to slap them back down. HMRC claim that they don't even need to wait out the appeal period, though in truth they are unlikely to get moving before then. Nonetheless, get onto MP to sort it as soon as you can. MP will ring through to the office in question and tell them to back off.

Comment

Originally posted by greybob View Post
        My first post - any advice greatly appreciated. Apologies if this question is on the wrong thread.
        I received a cn for 2007 about 3 weeks ago - mp sent appeal in and now I've received a threat of the debt being passed to the collectors if I dont pay in full immediately. Is this whats happening to all on here?
        What does this say about Parker's view that HMRC would take financial hardship into consideraton? Just a blank pay up now or else without consideration of hardship is not what Parker said.

Yep, get onto MP asap about this and they will set them straight.

Comment

Quangos

An old article but a great illustration of government waste:

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/6432437/Quangos-cost-every-household-3640.htm

Of particular interest:

"British households are each paying £3,640 a year to fund Britain's growing army of quangos"

“the Taxpayers' Alliance has calculated that the organisations were funded to the tune of more than £90 billion of public money in 2007-08 – an increase of £13 billion on the previous year.”

So Mr Brown, how exactly did the deficit come about??

Comment

http://www.tax-news.com/news/UK_Smal...____42542.html

“Although it is good news for businesses, HMRC will be bracing itself for a deluge of retrospective tax claims. Businesses must take action – it is an excellent opportunity which has come at a time where they facing tighter regulations and higher tax payments.”
            SAY NO TO RETROSPECTIVE TAX

Comment

Hearing

Have the timings moved on this? I'm sure the window
              dates were a lot earlier than this last time I looked.

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/l...se_id=20100360

18 Oct worst case!

Hang on new inofrmation on there too

12-Apr-10: Permission to Appeal referred to Lord/Lady Justice

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneSailing View Post
                Have the timings moved on this? I'm sure the window
                dates were a lot earlier than this last time I looked.

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/l...se_id=20100360

18 Oct worst case!

Hang on new inofrmation on there too

12-Apr-10: Permission to Appeal referred to Lord/Lady Justice
                I noticed this too. Previously the window was something like 14th April to 5th May. I remember 5th May because it was the day before the election.

Does this mean we're talking another 3-6 months to get a decision?

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                  I noticed this too. Previously the window was something like 14th April to 5th May. I remember 5th May because it was the day before the election.

Sure looks that way

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post

is this an indicator in any way, good or bad?

is anyone else getting sick of this word FAIR being thrown around, its so subjective to be a ridiculous measure..Tories and Lib Dems have jumped on Gordons FAIR bandwagon, not a good trend in my opinion, doesnt bolster their credibility in my eyes, in fact makes me very concerned. Very much trying, by illusion to let the voter determine and interpret what is meant by fair and assuming his and the party concerned are aligned on its meaning...B*llocks really

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politi...10/8618779.stm
                    Last edited by smalldog; 14 April 2010, 15:55.

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneSailing View Post
                      Sure looks that way
                      I'll contact our solicitor and/or Montp to see if this is there understanding of the "window".

I guess this is something we're just going to have to learn to live with, since the wheels of justice turn very very slowly.

Comment

Working...
                      X