• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by screwthis View Post
    Did anyone else receive an updated self assessment statement a few days ago?
    Mine included credits for each tax year marked as collection suspended on appeal.

Timing seems coincidental.
    Nope! No updated SA recieved by me!
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Ignorant Hypocrite !

Been browsing and just read this article again: <snip>

See the comment from the guy in Swindon . So many things wrong with what he says... Need to try and rise above it I guess and hope for a good outcome on Monday.

Good luck all.
      http://notoretrotax.org.uk/

Comment

Agreed

Originally posted by TalkingCheese View Post
        ... Need to try and rise above it I guess and hope for a good outcome on Monday....
        Indeed, there is nothing more to be done to influence the outcome on Monday, I could spend the weekend worrying and preparing for the next round but I might as well wait until Monday to find out what I might be facing.

Comment

See the comment from the guy in Swindon .
          People like that should be careful what they wish for.

Maybe one day HMRC will pay him a visit and decide they don't like the way he's been running his affairs "as efficiently as possible" for the past 15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
            Nope! No updated SA recieved by me!
            I received another closure notice for another tax year, nicely coinciding with my return from holiday - a nice reversion of my SA statement to the tune of tens of thousands.

Comment

See the comment from the guy in Swindon . So many things wrong with what he says... Need to try and rise above it I guess and hope for a good outcome on Monday.

Good luck all.
              Blooming heck he's destined for an early heart attack.

While I don't agree with the idea of using an offshore company (I personally would never have taken the risk) the idea of HMRC retrospectively going after those how did was against both the law and the principle of the law.

I do really hope you win.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Not been involved with BN66 but have been following the case for two years.

Best of luck to all BN66ers...

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                  Montpelier have agreed to provide me with a statement on Monday, after the hearing is handed down, to post on the forum.

Obviously the primary concern is what happens next if the judges rule against us and PwC.
                  Seems quick to provide a statement - or do the relevant parties already know the result ?

Comment

Good luck all.
                    You mean "Mike Hosking"? The guy who works at Nationwide in Swindon? His head's above the parapet now.

Comment

Originally posted by robinhood View Post
                      Seems quick to provide a statement - or do the relevant parties already know the result ?
                      Yes, they already know. They get a draft copy of the judgment a week to 10 days before it's handed down.

They are sworn to secrecy and it would be contempt of court if they were to divulge anything.

Comment

Working...
                      X