• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Range Resources Drilling Georgia Drilling Puntland

Originally posted by robinhood View Post
    These ones for anyone interested...
    Chariot Oil & Gas Farm-out Drilling

Bahamas Petroleum Farm-out Drilling

Tullow / Shell / Total Drilling French Guiana & Guyana

Aurelian Oil & Gas Drilling Tight gas test result Drilling

Range Resources Drilling Georgia Drilling Puntland

San Leon Energy Oil shale test result Drilling shale gas Drilling shale

Thanks for this, bought into RRL last week and already over 20% up.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzby View Post
      Yeah thats going very nicely.

Sound Oil has been going through the roof the last few days and up 13% so far today.

SOUND OIL Share Price SOU SOU.L - Interactive Investor

Comment

Oiling the wheels ....

Originally posted by Buzby View Post
        Ditto, brought Range via ISA wrapper (TAX FREE) and also Sound (Outside ISA) and both doing Well (pun).

Unfortuatley with the small amount I could afford to invest, won't even make a dent in what they think I owe.

As an aside, I made a worrying discovery last week. All the SA tax I have been paying since going back to a limited co 2.5 years ago, has not been put against the tax years the SA were calculated for, but instead on a previous Tax year that I thought (incorrectly) had been successfully appealed/suspended.

I am trying to see what can be done about this, as it appears I have made no SA tax payments for the last few years. Maybe worth others doing the same checks.

Mad

Comment

Originally posted by Maddog View Post
          Unfortuatley with the small amount I could afford to invest, won't even make a dent in what they think I owe.
          This is the problem with these AIM shares. Even if you get a 10 bagger, it ain't much use if you only invested a few hundred quid.

On the other hand, investing a large sum in a single AIM share would be extremely risky. Although they can double in price in a very short space of time, they can also crash & burn just as quickly.

If I was creating a portfolio out of these shares, I wouldn't put more than 10% in any one share, and even that would be quite a rollercoaster ride.

ps. a word of caution regarding SOU - it could be heading for a blowoff top
          Last edited by DonkeyRhubarb; 21 March 2011, 10:38.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
            This is the problem with these AIM shares. Even if you get a 10 bagger, it ain't much use if you only invested a few hundred quid.

On the other hand, investing a large sum in a single AIM share would be extremely risky. Although they can double in price in a very short space of time, they can also crash & burn just as quickly.

If I was creating a portfolio out of these shares, I wouldn't put more than 10% in any one share, and even that would be quite a rollercoaster ride.

Exactly, return and risk always go hand in hand.
            these stocks are very volitile. They can go down even faster than they are going up and due to the fact that they are small cap and therefore relatively illiquid you may find it hard to get out at a good price should they start dropping.

Great for a couple of grand but if you invest a larger amount you have to ask yourself if you can handle a 50% or bigger draw down

Comment

SOU I agree is most definitely due for a re-trace. up from 2p to almost 6p is unsustainable in the short term.
              For me personally, I just got lucky - up 55% in 8 weeks from oilies and my entire portfolio is in these !!!

Comment

Fill ya boots!

SOU I agree is most definitely due for a re-trace. up from 2p to almost 6p is unsustainable in the short term.
                For me personally, I just got lucky - up 55% in 8 weeks from oilies and my entire portfolio is in these !!!
                Exciting stuff alright!!!

Put it all in. If you lose it all...at least HMRC won't get it!!

This thread use to be a bit miserable...now it's like 4th of july...let's party like it's 1997

Maybe you can find a way of not paying the capital gains tax, undercutting other(silly) investors paying the normal amount! They should have known!
                Last edited by max; 21 March 2011, 12:21.

Comment

Originally posted by max View Post
                  Exciting stuff alright!!!

Put it all in. If you lose it all...at least HMRC won't get it!!

This thread use to be a bit miserable...now it's like 4th of july...let's party like it's 1997

Maybe you can find a way of not paying the capital gains tax, undercutting other(silly) investors paying the normal amount! They should have known!
                  Gotta laugh - Sound up 27% today

Have had a few AIM shares in the past, but this one is bordering on the bizarre

Comment

Gotta laugh - Sound up 27% today

Have had a few AIM shares in the past, but this one is bordering on the bizarre
                    Good on you and ignore the snidey comments.

At the end of the day, if your home is already at risk because of BN66, what have you possibly got to lose?

I know some people who switched from the DTA scheme to the ebt/loan scheme which, on the face of it, sounds totally bonkers (once bitten twice shy etc.) But they said it was the only way they could quickly save up the shortfall if we lose the court case.

Needs must when the devil (HMRC) drives...
                    Last edited by DonkeyRhubarb; 21 March 2011, 14:17.

Comment

Good on you and ignore the snidey comments.

At the end of the day, if your home is already at risk because of BN66, what have you possibly got to lose?

I know some people who switched from the DTA scheme to the ebt/loan scheme which, on the face of it, sounds totally bonkers (once bitten twice shy etc.) But they said it was the only way they could quickly save up the shortfall if we lose the court case.

Needs must when the devil (HMRC) drives...
                      I normally agree with everyhting you say Donkey -- however this time I dont!! We havent lost the case - people shouldnt be risking whatever money that they have in order to repay a debt that may not come due... fair enough if we where to lose then I dont blame anyone speculating large amounts on something risky .. however when we win I wouldnt want to hear of people who had a lost life savings trying to speculate on whatever!

Fair enough if you're only risking an affordable amount of savings but please dont speculate with the lot!!

Comment

Working...
                      X