• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buzby View Post
    does anyone know how long to get from COA to Supreme court, and does Europe happen after Supreme Court, or can it happen in parallel?

thanks
    found this :

In the light of these statistics for its performance over its first six months the Court’s
    target remains for all appeals to be heard within 9 months of the grant of permission. The
    Court, however, seeks to arrange hearings according to the availability of parties’ legal
    representatives. In practice it is this factor alone which can prolong the ‘life’ of an appeal:
    the Court can and has arranged hearings within weeks of the grant of permission in a
    number of urgent cases (e.g. family cases).
    if you want further reading : http://www.supremecourt.gov.uk/docs/bp_1011.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by screwthis View Post
      Yeah but Santa's avatar was applied retrospectively from 1987 so his was actually the original.
      Nice one!

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
        ha ha. Now the debate is: Which form of time travel do HMRC actually use?
        A good question.
        Do they hail from an apocalyptic future world where ordinary, decent human beings are just fodder for an evil bunch of stunted troglodyte overlords?
        Or are they meddlesome part-human clowns who crash-land all over history and interfere with things that should be none of their business with no heed for the consequences?

Comment

Originally posted by Buzby View Post
          does anyone know how long to get from COA to Supreme court, and does Europe happen after Supreme Court, or can it happen in parallel?

thanks
          You might find this interesting.

Preparing a Case for the European Court of Human Rights

It stays.......

Are there any procedures that must be followed beforehand in the national courts?
          Yes. You must have used all the remedies in the State concerned that might have been able to redress the situation you are complaining about (usually, this will mean an application to the appropriate court, followed by an appeal, where applicable, and even a further appeal to a higher court such as the supreme court or constitutional court, if there is one)

Comment

Originally posted by Ganymede View Post
            You might find this interesting.

Preparing a Case for the European Court of Human Rights

It stays.......

Are there any procedures that must be followed beforehand in the national courts?
            Yes. You must have used all the remedies in the State concerned that might have been able to redress the situation you are complaining about (usually, this will mean an application to the appropriate court, followed by an appeal, where applicable, and even a further appeal to a higher court such as the supreme court or constitutional court, if there is one)
            Further to this.

In 1998 the European Convention on Human Rights was incorporated into UK Law under the Human Rights Act.

Consequently since 1998 it has not been necessary to take breaches of convention rights to Strasbourg because these can now be dealt with in the UK courts.

As highlighted above, Europe is a final port of call when all domestic remedies have been exhausted.

In our case, I believe there are only 2 circumstances in which we could go to Europe:

(1) an application to appeal to the Supreme Court is refused

(2) we lose in the Supreme Court

Comment

One for the weekend

This is the man that was on watch at HMT when BN66 came into being:

Funny Gordon Brown Song (Video Clip) | British Prime Minister But For How Long? - Tony Blair - Zimbio

Have a good weekend folks!

Comment

Originally posted by screwthis View Post
                Yeah but Santa's avatar was applied retrospectively from 1987 so his was actually the original.
                luv it!
                'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

I've had quite a few messages about this so I just wanted to clarify something.

Pastalista did not use a scheme affected by BN66. The negotiations between his lawyer and HMRC relate to completely different tax planning arrangements.

I've not heard of any negotiations taking place involving a BN66 scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                    I've had quite a few messages about this so I just wanted to clarify something.

Pastalista did not use a scheme affected by BN66. The negotiations between his lawyer and HMRC relate to completely different tax planning arrangements.

I've not heard of any negotiations taking place involving a BN66 scheme.
                    DR,
                    I don't think anyone was under the illusion that it was BN66 related, it was just nice to hear that there are good TAX Lawyers out there that can stand up to the bullies and beat them, and maybe someone to help if we have to go it alone as a group, I'm still confident that MP won't let us down going forward, but we should stoke up our defencies.
                    MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12324731

The Public Accounts Committee described the implementation of a new PAYE computer system used by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) as "flawed".

It said up to 22 million people had not been taxed accurately since 2004-05 causing "unacceptable uncertainty and inconvenience".

HMRC said the new computer system was now improving fairness in the system.
                      SAY NO TO RETROSPECTIVE TAX

Comment

Working...
                      X