• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like we've got a troll on the yourfreedom thread - TheTruthBehindTheLies.

I guess it was only a matter of time before we attracted unwanted attention.

They have also quoted comments off this forum.

Be careful how you respond, as we don't want to get the thread blocked again.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
      It looks like we've got a troll on the yourfreedom thread - TheTruthBehindTheLies.

I think this is good. Let's have a proper debate. It will certainly get the number of comments up - he has already added about 10 of his own, and I'm sure his rediculous comments will receive a few replies. Be careful not to just attack this chump, but add well thought through comments. As someone has stated, he (Alan Jones ??) has cherry picked the parts to support his arguament.

MajorGowen...

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post

Having read some of the rubbish "TheTruthBehindTheLies" was spouting it was very difficult not to fire a broadside at him. I would love to know who this is - we can all guess, and I suspect that he will not have the courage to actually own up to his juvenile scrawlings.

I must say that he has done us a big favour though as it has certainly got the scribes busy today.

MajorGowen...

Comment

Well, TheTruthBehind... is certainly helping our thread rise up the ranks with his ramblings.

I'm quite enjoying correcting his misconceptions and untruths too
          'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
          Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

There is no doubt whatsoever that this guy if from the Rev or he wouldn't a). care enough to write that much b). know enough to write in detail about the case and c). have ever stumbled upon this thread and spent the time to follow it.

If you're reading and I'm wrong please correct me.

My opinion remains that we should watch our retoric and as far as possible be squeaky clean and play fair (as we did all along).
            I know personally that I am not a "cheat" and I did what I thought was legal and only in response to the maddness that was IR35.

I could stomach paying the tax if it wasn't for
            1). The 15 or so percent we paid to MP (Not the Rev's fault I know).
            2). The employers NI. This was always an unfair part of IR35. IR35 wasn't about paying the same tax as everyone else, it was about paying more. Quite a bit more. If I could have contracted and paid exactly the same percentage as someone on PAYE (i.e. without the employer's NI). Then I would have done that and not the double taxation scheme.

I did actually want something fair and this was the only thing at the time that was possible. Slightly after that umbrella companies sprung up and we all realised that IR35 proof contracts were possible and there were various other things like insurance I believe. But initially it looked like IR35 was unavoidable and that was UNF**KING fair. That is why a lot of us did this in the first place.

So I resent this truthisoutthere guy suggesting we are all cheats who deserve what we get and I don't want to give him or anyone else listening ammunition to think that that is the kind of people we are.

Comment

End Of 'Self Cert' Mortgages !

BBC News - Mortgages must be affordable, says FSA

Comment

YourFreedom website

I can't help but think "TruthBehindTheLies" is preaching to the wrong audience. Most punters when seeing the dull title of the thread won't bother to read any of the comments, let alone understand the issues!

There are also too many comments there now for anyone who isn't affected to bother reading on.

Personally I don't think this is the best place to have out this particular argument with them as whoever it is, has said exactly the same things over here.

Comment

Usain Bolt snubs London meeting over tax laws

BBC Sport - Athletics - Usain Bolt snubs London meeting over tax laws

Unbelievable! It would actualy cost him money if he were to run in the UK.

GREEDY RETARDED HMRC!

Comment

Originally posted by BarneyCool View Post
                    BBC Sport - Athletics - Usain Bolt snubs London meeting over tax laws

Unbelievable! It would actualy cost him money if he were to run in the UK.

GREEDY RETARDED HMRC!
                    "The UK's tax laws have proved a handicap to the country's chances of hosting events. Uefa admitted in 2008 that Wembley missed out on the 2010 Champions League final for that very reason.

The Government has since agreed to waive the rule so London can host the 2011 final, and competitors in the 2012 Olympics are also exempt.

Golfer Sergio Garcia has admitted in the past that he limits his appearances in the UK because of tax laws. "
                    SAY NO TO RETROSPECTIVE TAX

Comment

Originally posted by zippo View Post

"The UK's tax laws have proved a handicap to the country's chances of hosting events. Uefa admitted in 2008 that Wembley missed out on the 2010 Champions League final for that very reason.

The Government has since agreed to waive the rule so London can host the 2011 final, and competitors in the 2012 Olympics are also exempt.

Golfer Sergio Garcia has admitted in the past that he limits his appearances in the UK because of tax laws. "
                      BUT... as it stands today they can change that with a retrospective ruling !!!!!
                      MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

Working...
                      X