• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letter sent to Damian Hinds

Comment

Letter sent

Sent to Theresa Villiers.

Comment

Montp support

Is there any way that MontP could ask scheme users (past and present) to send this letter? This is in everyone’s interest to try and get this repealed.

Reason I say this is although CUK is a great source, it clearly does not cover everyone who used the scheme, MontP are they only ones who know who everyone is. Count of 220 letters of 3000 users is well below par.

Comment

Letter sent to MP

Sorry Guys, I should have updated the board. Sent a letter last week, no response yet to Daniel Poulter, newly elected Conservative MP in Suffolk

Comment

Originally posted by ContractIn View Post
            Is there any way that MontP could ask scheme users (past and present) to send this letter? This is in everyone’s interest to try and get this repealed.

Reason I say this is although CUK is a great source, it clearly does not cover everyone who used the scheme, MontP are they only ones who know who everyone is. Count of 220 letters of 3000 users is well below par.
            Trust me, I am trying.

Comment

Not had a reply from your MP?

If it's over 2 weeks since you wrote to your MP and you still haven't had a reply, you may want to send this to help ram the message home.

http://wimg.co.uk/ozF.doc

Thanks!
              DR

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                Trust me, I am trying.
                I have absolutely no doubt. If this proved successful, then would save Montp a lot of money.

Comment

Anything else we can do?

Hello all

I just wondered, if having already sent my letter to the chancellor, there's anything else I can do?

regards to all

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                  If you have received a response from your MP saying

"I am afraid that, with the public finances in the state they are, new Treasury ministers are unable to make any firm promises to reverse this legislation..."

Send this in reply:

http://wimg.co.uk/5eQ.doc

Thanks!
                  DR

Comment

Sent to John Redwood. He was supportive when I wrote to him first time round and is also fairly influential within the party still....we'll see!

Comment

Originally posted by ContractIn View Post
                      I have absolutely no doubt. If this proved successful, then would save Montp a lot of money.
                      With the benefit of hindsight, all users of the various schemes should have been mobilised into action when BN66 was announced in March 2008.

If only I knew then what I know now...

Let me quote to you what one MP has just replied to his constituent.

I have made representations to Treasury ministers who are aware of the strength of feeling on this issue as they work on the detail of an emergency Budget scheduled for 22nd June 2010.
                      It would be a real shame if Ministers didn't comprehend the true "strength of feeling" because scheme users weren't made aware of this initiative by their own promoters.

Comment

Working...
                      X