• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas Company Meal -too late ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Company Meal -too late ?

Hi,
    is it too late for me to have my Company Xmas Meal ?

Whats the Inland Revenue rules ?

Thanks

Al.

Never too late for Christmas.
    Cats are evil.

Comment

No.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/paye/exb/a-z/...-functions.htm

Comment

Had a meal last week and I put mine through with January expenses with no questions raised by accountant, my understanding is that its a yearly allowance for employees (myself and co secretary ie;wife)and cannot be over the £150 a head

I am sure someone will be along in a moment to right my wrongs

Comment

I believe the monkey to be correct.
          Still Invoicing

Comment

So a Christmas meal for two on the 14th February <3 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Aloha1 View Post
              Hi,
              is it too late for me to have my Company Xmas Meal ?

Whats the Inland Revenue rules ?

Thanks

Al.
              Am sure I will get loads of people who have done the same but isn't an xmas meal in Feb really taking the p*ss? Once you start going to so much effort to purposely avoid tax by stretching a benefit to it's limit you might as well draw an huge circle on your ass and write HMRC enter here above it.

Are your finances so tight you wish to attract attention to yourself for the sake of one meal?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It is my understanding that the allowance is not for a 'Christmas do' but for one ore more 'annual dos' that may or may not include a Christmas do, so I don't think it is stretching it.
                Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
                  It is my understanding that the allowance is not for a 'Christmas do' but for one ore more 'annual dos' that may or may not include a Christmas do, so I don't think it is stretching it.
                  Well if that's the case then I will get down off my soap box and take a large serving of humble pie with a dollop of cream please.

If that is the case the fill your boots. I will be asking my accountant about this one as there seems to be so much indecision I am sill not currently comfortable about making myself a target over this amount of cash. Thanks for the heads up though.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Politically Incorrect

Having an allowance for a specifically Christmas meal could be intepreted as discriminatory against those who do not observe that festival ...
                    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Working...
                    X