• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Self bill process?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck
    I already create an invoice each month for my records, it's no hardship to pop a copy in the post too.
    I hope you realise that could very easily be viewed as falsifying your VAT records, you can go to prison for that. They should be sending you a copy for your records.

PS I'm with Modis too. I'm not in the scheme and I never will allow them, or any other agency, to self-bill for all the reasons I listed earlier and some ones specific to them.

Comment

Originally posted by bfg
      I hope you realise that could very easily be viewed as falsifying your VAT records, you can go to prison for that. They should be sending you a copy for your records.
      I'm not VAT registered, so no falsifying going on. And they do send me bits of paper that I attach to the invoice that I create for my books to show how it all matches up beautifully.

Comment

The system they will want you to use is called Hyphen. http://blue.spring.com

I currently use this. I raise an invoice, and attach their remittance advice to this, simple as that.

Self billing simply means that you don't have to send them the invoice, and you get the monies paid into your co a/c quicker in my opinion.

Comment

Very good. Now go back and read my first post in this thread and bfg's subsquent comments. Using someone else's payroll system to generate pseudo invoices is only a small pointer in the overall scheme of things IR35, but every little helps...
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Would you really walk into Debenhams say - I like that shirt - walk up to the cashier and say here I wrote out the invoice for you to save you having to ring it through your till.

No
            No
            No - you wouldn't

So why would you let Spring do it to your company - think about it!

Comment

Working...
            X