• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Enforced Christmas Holiday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which is exactly why you should be working to deliverables, not hours. Ho hum...
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio
      Which is exactly why you should be working to deliverables, not hours. Ho hum...

And statements like reasonably required are straight out of the big 5 employment contracts handbook, they have no place in a busines to business contract.

Comment

Unfortunately im in the same position - 3 weeks off, which I was not informed of... the contract doesnt mention it and the client was quite upset I hadnt been told, as the previous guy had walked off site and they were quite worried i wouldnt come back in January....

My PM and the Director of IT tried to arrange for some work for me to do from home but was told by Finance that the shut down applied to all contractors... but they have offered to pay overtime (as I normally stay late due to train times), but I really shouldnt have to do that.

Another lesson learned.... and another question to ask in writing from the agent and client...
        Vieze Oude Man

Comment

I'm working this week despite the fact that there is literally nothing for me to do! The client is perfectly happy to pay me and another contractor to sit here thumb twiddling while all the permies take the week off. Nice to see that the public sector uses tax payer's bucks wisely!

Comment

Well actually although the income will be missed as least ive had a good Christmas break... some good nights out (detox straight after New Years Eve though!) and got some paperwork sorted so I can rest easy...

If you work for a bank here in Scotland it seems you dont even have to take Bank Holidays off... they are optional... so ive seen whole teams of contractors sitting there talking about football costing a fortune...
            Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Working...
            X