• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which Solution in this situation.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Solution in this situation.

I have been on the bench for a few months and I am in the process of closing the last Limited Company down due to the company wanting a fortune in Dormancy costs.

I was about to start my own business - then out of the blue I have a contract offer for another year at a previous company -

Any advise - Whats the best solution to get me going again in the contract market but then take this package forward to start my own business next year.

I will be getting around 200 daily rate while contracting but this may fall considerably when I start my own company. Currently also involved in Affiliate marketing so income may come from various sources.

Initially I thought sole trader then umbrella - but suppose its got to be limited, and if Limited I wish to take a name that advertises me as a company - "IT services.co.uk " this way when I transition form IT contractor to running a business the name dictates my profession as an IT consultant.

What I am after is flexibility - income may be yoyo effect ? and I want know fees when there is no income.

any response appreciated.

JohnA

Comment

I can't get past the first paragraph. No idea what it means.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
      X