• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

back on the block!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

back on the block!

Wa-hey!

I've got a contract! after months of frustration, anguish and self-doubt. It's in Brussels and the dutch agent asked me before the interview if it would be a problem to pay me using one of their management companies.

I said no problem, I can't remember all of the companies she mentioned, but one of them was albany.

Taking into account that it's a 4-7 month project and I don't have a ltd. co. (plus I don't think I would be able to use it in Brussels) what is the general opinion about working with these types of companies?

Thanks

You can use a UK ltd co in Belgium for 6 months remaining in the Uk tax system.
    I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

If you think you may stay in Belgium and since you don´t have a Ltd it´ll probably be easier just to go with a management company such as Albany. Albany are OK.

You can save money by using your Ltd, but you can only do it for 6 months. It would be worth getting a quote from Albany. So you can work out whether the savings in tax are worth the effort.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

As a contractor out here in Holland, I've heard from several UK guys out here that Albany are, aside from being money grabbing [email protected] pile of pants when it comes to paying a: ontime & b:the right amount due.

Although I can vouch for MBA & AAME who are fairly reliable.

J
        Trainee Techno Pikey

Comment

Working...
        X