• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Be warned - another f** govt ambush

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be warned - another f** govt ambush

In the wake of the normally dead simple Companies Crappy House annual return that now uses Adobe and asked qestions even accountants don't seem to know the answer to, we now have a ghastly CT submission thing using Adobe.

You have to download the latest version of the PDF viewer then go through a ten step registration thing. It pops up error boxes every time you click on a help button, won't let you select small company rate on anything except a profit, then calculates positive CT amounts on a loss, requires you to keep ticking check boxes again if you use back and shows incomprehensible and wrong errors about boxes you haven't even got. It slows the PC to a crawl and takes umpteen attempts to submit.

Be warned, make sure you/your accountant doesn't leave CT form to last minute.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 13 December 2009, 13:03.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Everyone is finding this a total disaster including the professionals. HMRC certainly got my feedback on this crappy system.

http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/anyan...mrc-new-system
    bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Submitted Companies House return more than 2 weeks - very weird questions, it was easier to strike down secretary than trying to find answer to the stupid questions they asked, now the return is stuck with Companies House for over 2 weeks even though it was paid same day (albeit they had to phone me back as their system did not work), looks like they got backlog of such cases - and in previous years all was very quick and painless

Comment

There was another thread on that atW. Posted an answer they had accepted for their wierd question.

That was nothing compared to this croc of HMRC crud. I just decided to print out my form and found that the calculated figures in the printable version PDF are different to those in the submission PDF because the former is using normal rate and the latter small companies' rate.

In my case the difference is not signicant (CT on a £2 profit of 56p instead of 48p) is but those with larger profits are going to have figures that are way different.

I don't know how they have the cheek to put out stuff like this, time for another letter to my MP.
        bloggoth

Comment

I fell foul of a cun*panies house form earlier this year for my dormant plan b company.

another PDF (documents aren't software) form, gave every indication of submitting, even asked me to re-enter my pin to confirm, BUT they never received the submission

Of course it's my fault because the small print says that I have to go and check that they have received, £150, kerr-ching

Tried speaking to them, the kind lady told me that they had been having issues with their software and that I should download it again, I asked for that in an email and was told no because I'd had it verbally, I asked for a name as a reference for the conversation and the kind lady put the phone down on me. I wasn't even being arsey!

Comment

I reckon the PDF's are ok (hopefully they will improve sooner rather than later).
            The Corporation tax one is cool because it generates profit/loss, balance sheet, corporation tax calculations and fills out the CT600 for you.

Comment

Originally posted by krytonsheep View Post
              The Corporation tax one is cool because ......

how can a tax form be 'cool'?

Comment

Originally posted by stillooking View Post
                Hmm! Krytonsheep possibly helped develop it?
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I just like the fact you can fill in few boxes and it generates your company accounts and fills in the CT600. The implementation isn't that great but the idea is good.

Hmm! Krytonsheep possibly helped develop it?
                  Unfortunately not. Currently waiting for the help desk to get back to me because the corporation tax calculation template is lacking a box for the tax free PAYE online incentive (I got as a £75 cheque).
                  Last edited by krytonsheep; 14 December 2009, 11:02.

Comment

Working...
                  X