• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Bank Account Charges

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business Bank Account Charges

I was reading a post regarding tax earlier - someone mentioned that they were claiming back bank charges?

I pay Natwest a standard monthly fee of £3.75 to keep my business account open - and any additional services i require i.e cheque processing etc is charged accordingly.

Is it true i can claim back these charges as expenses?

Thanks.

E.D

Completely valid business expense I'd say. You are obliged to have a business a/c and after all, any interest (ha, ha) you get is taxed as profit.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 18 November 2009, 15:33.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Yes they are an expense. Have you consider a Cater Allen account? on-line free banking for up to 30 transactions a month.

Comment

Working...
      X