• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Two-year rule!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    All the more reason, when in put in such a situation, to ask for a 17 month and 3 week extension instead.
    Thats what i did!! and only 37 days to go then i'm finally out of here! Altho they are talking about extending and moving the contract to another office...
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

I found this topic using the search. Glad to read its a 24 month rule, not 12 as I feared.
      "take me to your leader"

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder View Post
        I found this topic using the search. Glad to read its a 24 month rule, not 12 as I feared.
        As has probably already been said, if you know from the outset that your contract is for 2 years, then no travel expenses at all can be claimed.
        It should more accurately be called travel expense rules rather than the 24 month rule.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
          As has probably already been said, if you know from the outset that your contract is for 2 years, then no travel expenses at all can be claimed.
          It should more accurately be called travel expense rules rather than the 24 month rule.
          It would be great to have a 24 month deal
          "take me to your leader"

Comment

I think booklet 490 from HMRC has reasonable guidance on this.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
            X