• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

VAT Return for end of Nov!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

And remember that HMRC have just changed (or are about to change) their bank account details for VAT payments.
    Originally posted by Lumiere View Post

Changed in July ..

I hope HSBC have updated their predefined payees list, as there is no way to check where your money is actually going if paying online ..
    They have.

You can check by calling them and asking them to confirm the account number and sort code the payee is setup for against the (new) details you have for the payee.

I did this when HMRC's VAT bank account details changed in the summer just to be sure HSBC had made the relevant changes.

It is a pain that you can't check this on line though.

Comment

Originally posted by joey122 View Post
      When do people start bugging their accountants for numbers to put on their VAT form.

I just got mine today and it is the first time I am having to do one
      If you are on FRS it is quite easy to do yourself but tell you accountant you need the figures for end of month so they have time to prepare. It won't take too long to do and you should anyway be able to do it yourself, asking your accountant to have a quick scan through before submitting.

Comment

Working...
      X