• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency requesting proof of identity after 5 years!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by singhr View Post
    I have been working on and off at several clients via the same agency for 5 years. This week they send me a request for a pic and copy of drivers licence/passport as their auditors say it is 'employment law' that I prove my identity. I declined on basis that it is not my companys policy to give out personal details of its employees. Has anyone else experienced this kind of boll*x?
    Tell them it doesn't apply to you as your not employed but contracting for the client.

Comment

Originally posted by tim123 View Post
      And it's the company's job to check the status of their subbies.

They are the ones who will receive the fine, they have every right to the information.

tim

I disagree.

If I were illegally working in the UK through a UK ltd company, then it wold be that company that would get the fine, not the agency.

Don't forget that and agency is just my companies client and nothing more....
      Still Invoicing

Comment

Some usual bollocks spoke or rather written here. It'll be the client and its preferred supplier arrangement.

Current client moved to its PSL only agent sometime ago. We were all asked to provide 5 years references etc. I told them I wouldnt be providing this and they seem to have given up on it.

However, the client co keeps badgering me for my NINO and I keep ignoring them. About 3 of their requests ago, they said it was mandatory for me to supply it. I havent and Im still on site (for the time being!)
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Most banks nowdays do a full vetting procedure asking for full 5 year employment/contracting history asking for details of Manager, Company HR and agency. I got subjected to this recently, then wanted personal references for any time over 3 months spent out of work. I didn't comply, I lost the contract. Lesson learned. I will comply next time

Comment

Working...
          X