• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Going permie but EEA status opt-out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Now why do you never say that when I offer the Cricket Bat solution to your directors loan problem
    Oh, well I didn't think I needed to confirm my absolute approval of that suggestion! He is very lucky he has disappeared so effectively as I am starting to fantasise about some nasty revenge involving a sealed room, razor wire, a table, and a blow torch.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Thanks guys all useful stuff. Personally, I don't want to rock the boat too much so I will see how things play out over the coming month.

One final question - can I decide to formally 'opt-in' to Agency regulations when offered a contract expetenstion?

Comment

Originally posted by karl1984 View Post
        One final question - can I decide to formally 'opt-in' to Agency regulations when offered a contract expetenstion?
        Yes you can (actually you can opt back in at any time, but it would not take effect until current contract ends, extension is current contract ending) but unless they had you sign the opt out forms before introduction to client (aka interview and or work started, whichever comes first) you are already opted in even if you signed "opt out" papers

The only time you can opt out is before introduction to client, after that point you cannot opt out even if you wanted to.

Any agreements to opt out agency gets you to sign after that point are worth less than toilet paper (because toilet paper is soft and at least serves a purpose )

Comment

Working...
        X