• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blue Anvil in liquidation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Anvil in liquidation

Hello all,

I know this is my first post but I thought I would pass on the email that I have just received as Blue Anvil have been promising payment for some time and have recently been uncontactable!

Dear Sir/Madam,

It is with deep regret that I have to advise you that after a Board meeting with directors of Bluea anvil Technologies Ltd, it was agreed to call meetings of members and creditors with a view to placing Blue Anvil Technologies Ltd into liquidation. As such the company has now ceased to trade with immediate effect.

The creditors meeting will be held on the 28th of July 2009, a formal notice to this effect will be dispatched to you over the course of the next few days. All further communications should be addressed to Begbies Traynor at the following address;

Jim Goudie/Darren Mills

Begbies Traynor,
    Newater House,
    11 Newhall Street,
    Birmingham.
    B3 3NY

Telephone 0121 200 8150

Directors
    Blue Anvil Technologies

I've lost a month's money, I hope nobody else here has.

I got one too and am owed money.

PM me if you want to get in touch to discuss tactics.

Not sure there's is much we can do, but I'd be happy to go halves on a hit man!

Comment

Do you have PCG plus membership? If so you are covered for the first 5k.

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
        Do you have PCG plus membership? If so you are covered for the first 5k.
        Archangel you are a legend. I am a PCG plus member and I'd forgotton about that. Looks like it is the first £7,500 that is covered now too.

A bad day has just got slightly better.

Comment

Me too, I'd forgotten about that as well, oh well all is not lost then!

Comment

Now is your chance to go direct!

Ask for a little more like 10% which the agency was taking anyway and the client will be okay with that.

If the client says you now have to use Agency X, state that you do not want to as agencies cannot be trusted and you lost so, much money this way.

If the client still persists, then say you wish to be classed as a consultancy and placed on their preferred supplies list, just like other consultancies. And that you know they can do this. The end result of which is just like going direct anyway.

If after all that they still wont budge, up the rate 20% to cover for previous and future potential losses.

On a side note, I think this proves that we contractors truly own the relationship with the client and agents are never anyones friends!

Comment

I take it blue anvil are just another of those tulipty brollies that promise better returns than anyone else?

FFS, why dont people go ltd and avoid this tulip? I was in a scheme once (not a brolly) and now have a few thousand tx liabilities with potential interest on top.

Ltd is the only way I'd suggest any contractor works.
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                I take it blue anvil are just another of those tulipty brollies that promise better returns than anyone else?

FFS, why dont people go ltd and avoid this tulip? I was in a scheme once (not a brolly) and now have a few thousand tx liabilities with potential interest on top.

+1
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Nothing in the OP to say if agency or brolly. Internet search says its a consuktancy : so I think agency more likely.

Comment

They're not a brolly - they're an agency.

Comment

Working...
                    X