• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bedouin - anybody come across them?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks all, for your feedback i guess you are all saying stay away as it is reasonable to assume that hector will pursue these schemes one day....

Sal626 are u considering this as a punt!!

Can anyone clarify if Hector does investigate that the going re-claim rate will 46% against the EBT which for me would be a loss of 20% from what i receive as Ltd.....

Any further advise is appreciated......

Comment

No, not considering this as a punt at all.

Just pointing out the fact that BN66 legislation does not successfully challenge all EBT schemes. I am also following what happens with current queries hector have opened against EBT schemes. I used to be in a scheme that is being queried but hector have not had any success yet in challenging it. If the query is closed then I will reconsider EBT schemes again.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        Lots. Read the BN66 thread(s). The average tax claim there is around £140k for six years...

If you think these are a good idea right now, you're either selling one (very badly) or a fool.

And 77% is unattainble once you go over the HRT. It's either 68-72% or 82% if you do the dodgy close-the-co-every-three-years-and-don't-take-divis option, assuming Hector lets you do it.

HTH
        It's my good self who posted the ~77% figure. I do not pay enough to be liable for HRT. But I do not do the pheonix ltd co thing either. I do have a spouse who is a 40% shareholder and I make extensive use of my SIPP in that 77% figure. I am 52 y.o. and I anticipate that by the time I am 60 to 65 I will be keeping close to 100% of my turnover by maxxing out the use of my SIPP as I'll have other sources of income from age 60. HTH.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Thanks again, i am just about to start a new contract and will continue the slog through my limited company as the EBTs seem today as too much of a risk!!! SAL let me know if you rcv any news on the EBT queries....

Comment

Working...
          X