• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

P11d

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P11d

Am I right in thinking that expenses paid for out of my own pocket & re-imbursed by MyLtd to me personally appear on the P11d?

If I use my Company Credit Card to pay for, say, a train ticket - then it doesn't get put on, but if I paid using my own CC and claimed it back then it would?

Thanks
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
    Am I right in thinking that expenses paid for out of my own pocket & re-imbursed by MyLtd to me personally appear on the P11d?

If I use my Company Credit Card to pay for, say, a train ticket - then it doesn't get put on, but if I paid using my own CC and claimed it back then it would?

Thanks
    Thats my understanding.
    The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

If I use my Company Credit Card to pay for, say, a train ticket - then it doesn't get put on
      You might want to check - last place I worked as a permie (15 yrs ago), the accountants included stuff which was paid on the company credit card. When I queried this, they assured me it was correct and also that I shouldn't worry because the numbers cancelled out because all were legitimate business expenses.

Comment

Thanks
        Pretty much, why it matters though I can't fathom
        Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner a future"

Originally Posted by Pogle
        I wasnt really into men at the time - IYKWIM

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          You might want to check - last place I worked as a permie (15 yrs ago), the accountants included stuff which was paid on the company credit card. When I queried this, they assured me it was correct and also that I shouldn't worry because the numbers cancelled out because all were legitimate business expenses.
          Was it really a company credit card, or was it a corporate card in your name that the company cleared every month?
          Last edited by Pickle2; 28 May 2009, 10:41.
          The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Thanks
            That's exactly as I understand it. With MyCo expenses that get remimbursed, there is a "balancing" entry on the P11D since they are not in effect a 'perk'. With things like PHI and mobile phones for private use they would have no balancing entry as they are a Benefit in Kind.

If Myco pays you things that are not allowable as a business expense (i.e. they have a policy to pay for your lunch when working away from your office) then these are also listed since they are a BiK

HTH. Remember, I am not an accountant and this advise is worth as much as you paid for it.....!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang View Post
              That's exactly as I understand it. With MyCo expenses that get remimbursed, there is a "balancing" entry on the P11D since they are not in effect a 'perk'. With things like PHI and mobile phones for private use they would have no balancing entry as they are a Benefit in Kind.

If Myco pays you things that are not allowable as a business expense (i.e. they have a policy to pay for your lunch when working away from your office) then these are also listed since they are a BiK

HTH. Remember, I am not an accountant and this advise is worth as much as you paid for it.....!!
              mobile phones for private use are not a benefit in kind. (one per employee is allowed)

Comment

Working...
              X