• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: P11d

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "P11d"

Collapse

• Archangel
    replied
    Originally posted by Mustang View Post
    That's exactly as I understand it. With MyCo expenses that get remimbursed, there is a "balancing" entry on the P11D since they are not in effect a 'perk'. With things like PHI and mobile phones for private use they would have no balancing entry as they are a Benefit in Kind.

If Myco pays you things that are not allowable as a business expense (i.e. they have a policy to pay for your lunch when working away from your office) then these are also listed since they are a BiK

HTH. Remember, I am not an accountant and this advise is worth as much as you paid for it.....!!
    mobile phones for private use are not a benefit in kind. (one per employee is allowed)

Leave a comment:

• Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
    Am I right in thinking that expenses paid for out of my own pocket & re-imbursed by MyLtd to me personally appear on the P11d?

If I use my Company Credit Card to pay for, say, a train ticket - then it doesn't get put on, but if I paid using my own CC and claimed it back then it would?

Thanks
    That's exactly as I understand it. With MyCo expenses that get remimbursed, there is a "balancing" entry on the P11D since they are not in effect a 'perk'. With things like PHI and mobile phones for private use they would have no balancing entry as they are a Benefit in Kind.

If Myco pays you things that are not allowable as a business expense (i.e. they have a policy to pay for your lunch when working away from your office) then these are also listed since they are a BiK

HTH. Remember, I am not an accountant and this advise is worth as much as you paid for it.....!!

Leave a comment:

• Pickle2
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    You might want to check - last place I worked as a permie (15 yrs ago), the accountants included stuff which was paid on the company credit card. When I queried this, they assured me it was correct and also that I shouldn't worry because the numbers cancelled out because all were legitimate business expenses.
    Was it really a company credit card, or was it a corporate card in your name that the company cleared every month?
    Last edited by Pickle2; 28 May 2009, 10:41.

Leave a comment:

• tino
    replied
    Am I right in thinking that expenses paid for out of my own pocket & re-imbursed by MyLtd to me personally appear on the P11d?

If I use my Company Credit Card to pay for, say, a train ticket - then it doesn't get put on, but if I paid using my own CC and claimed it back then it would?

Thanks
    Pretty much, why it matters though I can't fathom

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    If I use my Company Credit Card to pay for, say, a train ticket - then it doesn't get put on
    You might want to check - last place I worked as a permie (15 yrs ago), the accountants included stuff which was paid on the company credit card. When I queried this, they assured me it was correct and also that I shouldn't worry because the numbers cancelled out because all were legitimate business expenses.

Leave a comment:

• Pickle2
    replied

Thanks
    Thats my understanding.

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    started a topic P11d

P11d

Thanks

Working...
X