• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ltd Company - (Money)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ltd Company - (Money)

Hi all,

I run a LTD company and i have an accountant and he allows me to take £500 (PAYE) and £2000 (divident) and iam claiming expenses for petrol, car insurance, mobilephone, GYM and ofcourse FOOD.

Now, very basic question IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY (MORE MONEY) I CAN TAKE MONEY FROM MY COMPANY ACCOUNT?

My accountant is telling me that i should pay 40% TAX for that... he is asking me to do OFFSET MORTGAGES if i have to take money out...

I still have some credit card debts to pay now the £2500 (PAYE + Divident) is not enough to pay off my bills... i found very annoying where i can see my money but, i can't touch it...

Iam not trying to cheat the HMRC to take more money iam just looking @ the options available to take the money OUT...

Any suggestions plz?

Thanks

Sounds like you need a new accountant
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Recruitment consultants were sent to punish us all!

Comment

Originally posted by wasiter View Post

Now, very basic question IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY (MORE MONEY) I CAN TAKE MONEY FROM MY COMPANY ACCOUNT?

With a cashcard you can take it ALL out from a machine if you like.

If you do, use some of the cash to buy a grey mac and some sunglasses, and a new passport.

Comment

i found very annoying where i can see my money but, i can't touch it...
        It's not your money it's the companies.

Iam not trying to cheat the HMRC to take more money iam just looking @ the options available to take the money OUT...
        Take what you need, but expect to pay for the pleasure.

Comment

How can Gym membership be considered a business expense? Are you a fitness instructor?

Comment

I run a LTD company and i have an accountant and he allows me to take £500 (PAYE) and £2000 (divident) and iam claiming expenses for petrol, car insurance, mobilephone, GYM and ofcourse FOOD.

Petrol = Ok if you have a record of business only mileage and at approved rates anything else is BIK (more tax)
            Car insurance = BIK (more tax)
            mobilephone = ok but only if in the company name IIRC - happy to be wrong on this one
            Gym = BIK (more tax)
            Food = Ok if reciepts are provided and incurred due to business travel.

Comment

You can take a directors loan without penalty if it's less than £5k, you need to pay it back within 9 months of tax year end to avoid paying tax on it though, so if you took 5k now you wouldn't need to pay it back till Dec 2010 though you will need to make sure you have enough funds to pay corporation tax for Dec 2009.

Been there, done that.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Hi all,

My accountant is telling me that i should pay 40% TAX for that... he is asking me to do OFFSET MORTGAGES if i have to take money out...

I still have some credit card debts to pay now the £2500 (PAYE + Divident) is not enough to pay off my bills... i found very annoying where i can see my money but, i can't touch it...

Any suggestions plz?

Thanks
                Are you taking the p!ss?

Comment

Where does it specify that the director's loan is for £5k max without incurring charges?? If it's over £5k, then what?

Comment

Is your first name "Time", or is your last name "Space"?

Still Invoicing

Comment

Working...
                    X