• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

corporation tax cock-up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

corporation tax cock-up

i've just completed my end of year company accounts and find I haven't left enough money in the bank to pay my corporation tax bill. what can I do? I have had to go perm at the end of last year because the market dried up, so there's no more money coming in. can I pay back a dividend? I'm waiting to hear from my accountant who is being elusive. I'm very concerned.

Redo you accounts, scratch the dividend that you shouldn't have taken, maybe record it as a loan from the company to you, repay it, and pay your corp tax.

simple.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
    X