• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

new de graaf solution - post Dual Tax Treaty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new de graaf solution - post Dual Tax Treaty

de graaf have a new solution, based on Trust Income being paid as a Capital Gain.

I do have a few more details of how it works, but don't really want to post on here

Has anyone looked into this?

thanks

Bearing in mind the aggro being handed out by HMRC on the bn66 thread : do you really want to take the risk?

You might not know for 10 years if you will win/lose. And in that time you will be bullied.

Why not just go limited?

If you are going to do it - make sure you put aside all the necessary tax in a CTD.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      If you are going to do it - make sure you put aside all the necessary tax in a CTD.
      Or treat it as a "cheapish" loan and invest the money.

I was in the MTM scheme and I'm still being investigated for money I earned back in 2001, so Brillo is right to caution not spending it for 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by xantamisch View Post
        de graaf have a new solution, based on Trust Income being paid as a Capital Gain.

I do have a few more details of how it works, but don't really want to post on here

Has anyone looked into this?

thanks
        And would de graaf defend their scheme in the Courts without piggy-backing off more soundly established tax planning businesses like Montpelier? After all, that's what de graaf are doing just now.
        Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
        "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

Originally posted by Emigre View Post
          And would de graaf defend their scheme in the Courts without piggy-backing off more soundly established tax planning businesses like Montpelier? After all, that's what de graaf are doing just now.
          Are they piggy-backing? Has it been decided yet which JR will be represented(de graaf or montp)?

Comment

Wouldn't even think about a scheme like that. Just read what happened to these guys in Germany.

Misery with the German taxman

Apparently this scheme was above board and everyone was doing it.

With an offshore scheme, you can end up owning hundreds of thousands of pounds. In my view you may as well evade tax all together.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
            X