• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas party contractors rights?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas party contractors rights?

Hi Guys hoping you can help?

We received an email about the company party to contractors and non contractors alike.

However, they are charging the contractors (who work just as hard if not harder) £35 and perm staff nothing?

Can this legally be done as I was under the assumption they had to treat us like perm staff?

Thanks in advance!!

...Ok we are sorry for walking over your bridge.

Ok I will bite, if you want to be treated the same as a Permie, then become one.

Or do you want to be seen as a disgused employee?

My 2p
    Pleomax

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is highly unusual though. Study it and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!

Comment

LOL.

Hello again

Comment

Jesus ******* Christ....

Comment

Jeeezus

Comment

most blatant troll ever. who's having a slow day at ClientCo, then?
            Originally posted by BolshieBastard
            You're fulfilling a business role not partaking in a rock and roll concert.

Comment

i've seen the word "troll" used on this site before and never really got it. Having seen the original post on this thread I take it to mean "Ridiculously stupid posting designed to p*ss people off". Do I win £20?

Comment

Originally posted by takeaguess View Post
                Hi Guys hoping you can help?

We received an email about the company party to contractors and non contractors alike.

However, they are charging the contractors (who work just as hard if not harder) £35 and perm staff nothing?

Can this legally be done as I was under the assumption they had to treat us like perm staff?

Thanks in advance!!
                Did you opt in or opt out of the employment law? If you opted in, take it up with your agency and ask them to invite you to their christmas do. HTH.
                If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
                  Did you opt in or opt out of the employment law? If you opted in, take it up with your agency and ask them to invite you to their christmas do. HTH.
                  yeah, also try http://maketheminviteyouontime.com, and perhaps get a letter from your solicitor. and in future, make sure you write a schedule of escalating penalties into your contract to cover these kind of disasters.
                  Originally posted by BolshieBastard
                  You're fulfilling a business role not partaking in a rock and roll concert.

Comment

Originally posted by Just1morethen View Post
                    i've seen the word "troll" used on this site before and never really got it. Having seen the original post on this thread I take it to mean "Ridiculously stupid posting designed to p*ss people off". Do I win £20?
                    You win. But the prize is the sasguru login for a day.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X