• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SJD - annual return

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SJD - annual return

Good morning,

Can I ask if you are a client of SJD, do they complete the annual return on your behalf?

If not, is it easy to complete it yourself?

Many thanks.

Sjd

There are many annual returns in the world of freelancing.

Personal SA tax return?
    Corporation tax return?
    Companies house return?

I don't know what package you're getting from SJD, but in my case the answers are
    (1) Yes but you need to tell them the figures first using their webform
    (2) Yes
    (3) No.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
      There are many annual returns in the world of freelancing.

Personal SA tax return?
      Corporation tax return?
      Companies house return?

I don't know what package you're getting from SJD, but in my case the answers are
      (1) Yes but you need to tell them the figures first using their webform
      (2) Yes
      (3) No.
      Yes it is the Companies house return... Oh no so I have to do it myself.... What is it? Is it hard to do, and where can I get help from? Many thanks.

Comment

http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/for.../363page.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by kellycell View Post
          Yes it is the Companies house return... Oh no so I have to do it myself.... What is it? Is it hard to do, and where can I get help from? Many thanks.
          I am sure that they just send me the form completed for me to sign and return to them with a cheque for the fee.*

From memory, the form just contains information like the registered office, the officers and the authorised and the issued share capital. With companies like the ones that we have, those details tend not to change much from year to year.

*I could register to submit the information online and the cost would be halved but I can't be bothered because I wont have to do it again.

Comment

From some of the posts you've made recently, are you sure you're cut out to run your own company?

Edit: Sorry, might be a bit strong. Just seems you haven't looked into running your own company.

1) Look at the details (and guidance) that Companies House has sent you.
            2) Look at the first timers guide to contracting with your own limited company.
            3) Search the forums for the answers you're looking for.
            4) Do a google search on the web.
            5) Post a question here.
            Last edited by CarterUK; 26 October 2008, 18:44. Reason: Additional advice.

Comment

I was a bit daunted when I received a demand to file a Companies House annual return but IIRC it's trivial, especially if you do it online. It just gets you to confirm the name and address of the company, director's names, things like that. Don't confuse it with complicated stuff like the annual accounts and tax returns.

Comment

Yeh, just a simple form, if no changes nowt you have to do apart from submit and pay £15.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Arrange to do it online, couldn't be easier.

Having said that, I've missed my return twice in as many years since I started the online return as Companies House have failed to send a reminder.

Comment

IIRC, from today you can only file this form online. The paper form has been done away with.

Comment

Working...
                    X