• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LibertyBishop

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LibertyBishop

Hi,

I am new to Contracting and been told by the agency I need to use an umbrella - I found Libertybishop and was hoping anyone here has used them and can give me any advice.

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by knightxxx View Post
    Hi,

I am new to Contracting and been told by the agency I need to use an umbrella
    No you don't, you could use your own limited company.

Comment

Which is what i wished i had done in the first place umbrella co's annoy me.
      Pleomax

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is highly unusual though. Study it and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!

Comment

You dont have to use an umbrella co. at all, you are perfectly at liberty to set up your own ltd co.

However, if you don;t want to do that, and not everyone does, then there are better brollies out there than LB. Use the seach function on the forums to get an idea of what people here think of them, then go talk to one of the PCG approved brollies.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Are you sure that your agency didn't suggest using an umbrella? They sometimes do if it's your first time.

If it's the way you want to go you could always try a site like www.umbrellasupermarket.com for a nice long list of brollies with reviews

edit: OK, supposedly I'm not allowed to post the url. Basically google supermarket umbrella. Sorry all if mentioning that site is a sin or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy198 View Post
            Are you sure that your agency didn't suggest using an umbrella? They sometimes do if it's your first time.

If it's the way you want to go you could always try a site like www.thissiteisnotworthvisiting .com for a nice long list of brollies with reviews

edit: OK, supposedly I'm not allowed to post the url. Basically google supermarket umbrella. Sorry all if mentioning that site is a sin or something.
            Thanks for the information. yes you guys are correct they advised me to use a umbrella not told me too. My Mistake in the opening post.

Comment

If you do decide to use an umbrella then I'd suggest ContractorUmbrella. They were very helpful when I first started contracting. Only downsides are they don't provide Professional Indemnity insurance, which when you've factored in paying for that as well makes them a bit more expensive than most; and they only run payroll twice a month which means they can be hanging onto your cash for a couple of weeks after they've been paid by the agency.
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Or try these, they do include insurance and run a payroll everyday.

HTH
                l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

Comment

Working...
                X