• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One for O2 customers with a Co mobile

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One for O2 customers with a Co mobile

Having searched the board regarding putting your personal mobile through the company, I contacted O2 to have my bill amended to MyCo's name.

After consulting a colleague, the call centre agent advised he could either add MyCo name to the address field or cancel my personal contract, issue me with a PAC code and then set me up with a new business contract.

Obviously, I went with the first option. However, after I had hung up, I noticed on my bill there is a field called Account name which has my personal name in it.

Wanted to check with anyone who is with O2 and putting their mobile through their company if they also got this field amended to their company name or if the changes made to the address field will suffice.

I suspect not.

C'mon, someone on her must have done something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
      Having searched the board regarding putting your personal mobile through the company, I contacted O2 to have my bill amended to MyCo's name.

After consulting a colleague, the call centre agent advised he could either add MyCo name to the address field or cancel my personal contract, issue me with a PAC code and then set me up with a new business contract.

Obviously, I went with the first option. However, after I had hung up, I noticed on my bill there is a field called Account name which has my personal name in it.

Wanted to check with anyone who is with O2 and putting their mobile through their company if they also got this field amended to their company name or if the changes made to the address field will suffice.

I suspect not.
      I am guessing that your point is that you want the mobile to be accepted by HMRC as a company phone provided to the employee, so that you can make personal calls with untaxed money.

AIUI merely changing the name of the recipient of the bill does not achieve that: it is still a personal phone account. It is a personal contract, not a business one, and the account is in the name of a person, not a company. O2 won't change that, the personal contract will always be personal; and HMRC won't accept it. If you want to take advantage of HMRC's free gift for users of a company phone, you have to get a real company phone.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
        I am guessing that your point is that you want the mobile to be accepted by HMRC as a company phone provided to the employee, so that you can make personal calls with untaxed money.

AIUI merely changing the name of the recipient of the bill does not achieve that: it is still a personal phone account. It is a personal contract, not a business one, and the account is in the name of a person, not a company. O2 won't change that, the personal contract will always be personal; and HMRC won't accept it. If you want to take advantage of HMRC's free gift for users of a company phone, you have to get a real company phone.
        WHS

Comment

I (my Co) have an O2 business tarriff contract.
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
            C'mon, someone on her must have done something similar.
            Yes. You need to ask the customer services monkey to amend the address field, rather than the account holders field. So you tell them that

address line 1: yourco name
            address line 2: usual first line of your address

the people on the end of the line at O2 are particularly fickwitted, so you will need to spell this out in words of one syllable.

Alternatively, you could just get a business account. Vodafone do some which are now comparable with personal tariffs, so it doesn't make much difference on the cost.
            Plan A is located just about here.
            If that doesn't work, then there's always plan B

Comment

Working...
            X