• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are already being investigated.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jubber View Post
    My experience:

A letter arrives on the mat saying that Hector would like to conduct a PAYE review of the company. He turns up with a standard list of IR35 type questions which he asks and jots down your answers. He asks for all contracts and all company paperwork. He takes it all away. Some while later a letter arrives saying you owe what you owe. Your paperwork is returned. Easy. Nothing to be frightened about.

In my case I owed about a grand. I had been operating outside of IR35 for 5 years. My inspector was like most of them out there. Paid peanuts and was just interested in getting home to skive off the rest of the day. I suppose I could have been unlucky and got one who wanted to save the world from types like me, but I didn't.

The trouble is, we never hear about the IR35 inspections that are like mine - we are only bombarded by the 'horror' inspections like dragonfly, which some of us would cynically say are used on sites like this to promote IR35 services. I wish some more people would post about the inspections that were OK.
    OK!? You had to pay a grand! What was that in aid of?

Comment

Working...
    X