• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lunch Break

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch Break

Your probably gonna rape me for thinking like a permie but I'm contracted for 7.5 hours. If I take 1/2 lunch its 9 to 5 right?

The manager at client co said 4:30 but like a fool I worked it out to 5. What do you guys do? I suppose MyCo gets paid for 7.5 hours but I'm onsite for 8hours am I giving them 1/2 free?
    Have Fun!

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    Your probably gonna rape me for thinking like a permie but I'm contracted for 7.5 hours. If I take 1/2 lunch its 9 to 5 right?

The manager at client co said 4:30 but like a fool I worked it out to 5. What do you guys do? I suppose MyCo gets paid for 7.5 hours but I'm onsite for 8hours am I giving them 1/2 free?
    You sure you're on the right board?

Comment

If you work 7 hours, charge them for 7 hours. If you work 7.5 hours, charge them for 7.5 hours. And if you work 8 hours, charge them for 8 hours.

Get the idea?
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Yeah I get it, it's just the client that confused me.....
        Last edited by Bomber; 9 September 2008, 12:24. Reason: Spelling
        Have Fun!

Comment

Time is money, grab a sandwich and work through.

Comment

thats linda marie naggs' job.... (see post about stag do)

Comment

Personally, I would only charge what I agreed to charge the client. If I did 7.5 hours, then I charge 7.5 hours. IF the client wants me to go home after doing 7 hours, I would come to an agreement with the client to charge for 7.5 hours and make up the 0.5 hours somewhere else. For me, I would prefer to have a good working relationship with the client and agree what I can charge and what I cannot charge and if I can take more time off as and when I need to. No point intentionally ripping them off and rubbing them up the wrong way.
              If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

If the client says the 7.5 hours includes lunch that either means he expects you to charge 7.5 hours, or that he expects you to charge 7 hours.

Why not ask the agent?
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                X