• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Late payment - County Court, Debt Collector or Baseball Bat?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the good advice, particularly on the "garnishee order", very interesting.

Anyway, after a few more grumpy phone calls from me the agent has finally paid up on the three most overdue invoices. This is the 4th late payment from them (20 days past terms this time) so I'm not impressed but at least I am getting paid.

In response to the poster(s) who asked why I signed the contract: I did read the contract and understood the payment terms but I was not in a good position to negotiate changes (i.e. I was skint and had no employment history in this country). If I had had that luxury I would certainly have pushed for it to be changed.

I also did a credit check on the agency (who have a below-average credit score) but again I wasn't in much of a position to choose. One way in which the credit check did come in useful was to get the contact details of the agency directors. Calling these guys directly got things moving a lot more quickly than talking to the account managers or recruiters.

What is the etiquette on naming and shaming on this forum? I would like to let people know who they are so nobody else goes through the same hassle as I did.

Comment

Wait until you've got all your money. Then name and shame.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Just a guess, is it Pendragon again by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
          or when the client pays the agency, whichever is the later

You're screwed. And do a search on here for late payment.
          WHS. You should never have agreed to the "or when the client pays the agency" clause. Imagine if you did that to a builder; "I cant pay you till I get paid from so-and-so". They would just laugh!

IMHO you would not have a case to take to the SCC since contractually they have not done anything wrong!

Comment

Working...
          X