• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting in Brussels and tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, very helpful.

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It has also been nearly 12 months since I was last in Belgium so this may be out of date.

As ever I am not qualified to give this advice.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
      Yes. I have used other "management" companies but I prefer these guys.
      I have used JSA International and PSB (Project Services Beta) but both had problems for me. The problems were caused by local law and my needs, not by the company themselves, both provided good reliable srervices. It was some time ago mind. I was doing the income splitting deal with JSA when UK law changed which meant they could not release some of the money. PSB had to comply with a tax withholding rule.

Pearl are Denmark based and have no such issues. The staff who run the payroll office are great. They remind me when I have not sent a timesheet or an invoice and other useful stuff.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

It has also been nearly 12 months since I was last in Belgium so this may be out of date.

As ever I am not qualified to give this advice.
        Indeed.

"If the seat of control of your business is in Belgium then your company is and they dont recognise 1 man Ltds."

How could that be the case when they recognise their own one man companies. Slightly different taxes rules perhaps, but a one man Ltd all the same.

PS: regards to all and sundry, it's be a while...

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black View Post
          Indeed.

"If the seat of control of your business is in Belgium then your company is and they dont recognise 1 man Ltds."

How could that be the case when they recognise their own one man companies. Slightly different taxes rules perhaps, but a one man Ltd all the same.

PS: regards to all and sundry, it's be a while...
          Hi Joe. Not heard from you in a while.

Good question, and one that is cropping up more often. Under EU law they have to recognise the UK Ltd. I found this out in a conversation with a German mate.
          I can not seem to find out how to work on a contract in Germany (and this would apply mostly to Belgium too) using my UK Ltd though. Nobody in the food chain will explain because it will cut them out of the loop.

I have posted a couple of questions on here. I might have to go and ask the Dark Side (PCG) but their overseas advice is years out of date.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Hi Joe. Not heard from you in a while.

Good question, and one that is cropping up more often. Under EU law they have to recognise the UK Ltd. I found this out in a conversation with a German mate.
            I can not seem to find out how to work on a contract in Germany (and this would apply mostly to Belgium too) using my UK Ltd though. Nobody in the food chain will explain because it will cut them out of the loop.

I have posted a couple of questions on here. I might have to go and ask the Dark Side (PCG) but their overseas advice is years out of date.
            Is it worth using a UK agency in this instance?

Just as a buffer really.

I used that setup in Holland but I was only there for a couple of months so my footprint was negligible.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
            X