• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Afss

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afss

I may have inadvertently indicated in an earlier post that AFSS are a decent management company to work with. I would like to withdraw any comment indicating that they are anything else but a bunch of money-grabbing parasites who don't know, and don't even care about how to do their job.
    Bored.

Have they upset you at all?

Comment

Yes they have and I want it on record for the next contractor who does a search on this board. They are pants. And I've been in this game a few years so am aware that all pimps/management agencies are rubbish but these guys just cannot be bothered once you've signed, to the extent that my current contract is in jeopardy. And I like the contract.
      Bored.

Comment

I've got an idea, instead of pro-actively trying to sort the situation out by discussing the issues rationally with all the parties involved, why not bitch and moan about the agent on a public forum?
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
          I've got an idea, instead of pro-actively trying to sort the situation out by discussing the issues rationally with all the parties involved, why not bitch and moan about the agent on a public forum?
          WHS. Failing that use ITS.

Comment

ITS?

Can the original poster please be a little more specific about the actual problems faced? I am seriousley considering AFSS and would like to know how they faltered.

Cheers

Comment

I am particular interested any topics related to this MC...

Which country are you contracting?

If it's Germany, anybody using them may be in deep tulip.

Although they are trying to calm down their contractors by downplaying the recent event, the things are really getting out of control.

Check the threads 'Working Germany' to know more..

But my experience is that this one is more professional and responsible than the others. So if you want to use an MC, probably this one is the best one you can get.
              Last edited by SalsaFever; 5 November 2009, 16:33.

Comment

I have just terminated a contract in Germany as the only way to ditch AF. It will probably take another month to disentangle myself from them and I do not rule out having to use a solicitor.
                Their 'solution' was illegal as far as I could see (in a telephone conversation, one of their guys admitted the same) and the German tax authorities would have crucified me.
                Their 'solution' may have worked for someone coming out of the Uk for a short period to work here in Germany but even then you would have to be very careful with such things as medical insurance. For a company that describes itself as experts in Tax solutions, they seem to struggle with some very basic concepts of EU/Swiss tax laws. At the end of the day, if they get it wrong you will most likely end up picking up the financial cost.
                I was forced to use AF by the agency, I will check before agreeing a contract in future that one of these management companies is not thrust down my throat.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                  Yes they have and I want it on record for the next contractor who does a search on this board. They are pants. And I've been in this game a few years so am aware that all pimps/management agencies are rubbish but these guys just cannot be bothered once you've signed, to the extent that my current contract is in jeopardy. And I like the contract.
                  Moaning about a company without commenting on the background and situation.

An very professional and useful post that helps us understand the situation and avoid this company. Well done.

</sarcasm off>

Now... where is my violin.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I’ve written about these folks a few times. They are simply an offshore income splitting scheme. Accountants in India doing basic double entry bookkeeping, and provided you don’t get investigated you’ll sort of be OK

I know people who use them, and are happy with their split system, and if that’s what you want then fine. If you want a tax compliant and legal solution for the UK, Germany, and other countries that will look under the hood, then you need to walk on by, nay, run like f**k!!!

An agency cannot force anyone to use a ManCo. If they do, and you have evidence, then they are complicit in any tax evasion, and ultimately liable for your TAX and SS, when the chain of responsibility is yanked. If I were the OP, I'd be reading back in my old emails, and having a word with their compliance dude, assuming they are a big name reputable (cough) agent.

Access Financial (inserted for search tags) is no different to the old Connexions, or many of the other similar outfits. If you work in Switzerland, then maybe their payroll system is compliant, and that keeps them legit as a business, but their split income tax avoidance, nay evasion, is not

Nay is my word of the day
                    I am not an expert, just someone who has experienced things first hand. If you need expert advice then seek out a qualified expert. My opinions are just that, my opinions. I could be wrong, and laws change, so trust nothing I say

Comment

Working...
                    X