• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tallying accounts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm. The set of accounts my accountant produces seem to bear little or no relation to the figures I actually give him. I've given up trying to reconcile the two.

Comment

I keep two things in mind.
      (1) how far I could cope with the taxman coming round and saying "why didn't you tell us about the £x? Have you any idea how serious that is?"
      (2) how fed up I am with reconciling to within £x

At the beginning £x is large, and (1) outweighs (2). After more reconciling and accountant-email-tennis, £x shrinks to a point where (2) outweighs (1). This year it was about £150.
      Last edited by thunderlizard; 26 June 2008, 21:57. Reason: spelling two as to. Bedtime I think.

Comment

I really wouldn't worry about a few pounds but I have also had accounts where I could not even recognise the main figures, one seemed to be just going from the bank spreadsheet and ignoring the rest.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I've started to use Microsoft Office Accounting 8 (as its free), thought i'd give it a few months of use see of I like it. Anyone else giving it a go?

Yes, I am using it as it will generate a profit & loss + balance sheet for me. Hoping to ditch the accountants for end of year.

Seems to work ok, doesn't have a method to show FRS built in so you have to construct one yourself to ensure FRS gains are reflected in profit.

Comment

Working...
          X