• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Notice Period / Termination

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've heard quite a lot cases where a contractor has walked after a day or two. nothing came of it afaik.... m ost companies aren't going to be arsed about sueing over that length of time! .. so just walk out stating 'misselling/misunderstanding of the contract to me'

Comment

Originally posted by hgllgh View Post
      i've heard quite a lot cases where a contractor has walked after a day or two. nothing came of it afaik.... m ost companies aren't going to be arsed about sueing over that length of time! .. so just walk out stating 'misselling/misunderstanding of the contract to me'
      It's not about walking out, it's about contractors in general presenting themselves as professionals and not fly-by-night cowboys. The sooner people twig that, the better AFAIC...
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        It's not about walking out, it's about contractors in general presenting themselves as professionals and not fly-by-night cowboys. The sooner people twig that, the better AFAIC...
        I wish clients/agents would behave as professionals rather then fly-by-night cowboys. Look at the ML thread.

Comment

Originally posted by StayPuft View Post
          Thanks all for the replies, even the more abrasive ones, lol.

I agree that I should abide by my contract and stick it out but should the agency/client not do the same? The position they have me in does not reflect what was agreed/stated in the contract. I can easily do the job but it wasn't what I signed up for. I'm certainly not looking for sympathy either, I'm merely seeking advice.

Re the new position, naturally, I'd be taking a chance going for it as they could quite easily do the same to me and put me in a different role.... or it could be the job they have advertised (which suits me better than my existing one). The rate is actually the same as what I'm getting now so I wouldn't be moving for the money.
          In what way is the job not what was avertised?

Comment

If the job is not as advertised/described in the contract potentially it is a breech of contract.

Have a word with your contact at the client site and point out the differences between your contract and real life. Tell him/her why you aren't happy and explain that unless the position is made to match the contract you will be out of there because of breech on contract.

They will most likely let you go.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
              If the job is not as advertised/described in the contract potentially it is a breech of contract.

Have a word with your contact at the client site and point out the differences between your contract and real life. Tell him/her why you aren't happy and explain that unless the position is made to match the contract you will be out of there because of breech on contract.

They will most likely let you go.
              That's "breach" - trousers are different.

Otherwise, WHS - but don't expect to get paid...
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
              X