• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best tax saving scheme

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best tax saving scheme

Hi All,

I need some advice on saving some tax on my contract. I would like to hear from someone who is knowledgeable on contracting in UK and knows how to maximise the tax saving within legal boundaries.

If someone can please advice me with an example on how to save maximum tax on a contract of £500 per day for 12 months. Please start by telling me whether to get the contract on a limited company or as self-employed. Then how much salary to take and how much dividend, etc. Also if need be shall I employ my spouse as an employee, expenses, etc.

Thanking in advance,

Cheers

Now in this particular case, Mal, I think you would be perfectly justified in flaming him!

Comment

Beat me to it!

Phoneguy_23 : Obviously the answer is not to declare any of it then you pay no tax at all. I'm sure nobody would mind...
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Waiting for newbie-bashing rant from Chris79...............

Comment

Just work cash-in-hand, I always do.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I'm going to be helpful.

1. Click this link: nice picture

2. In the CUK Navigation box on the right hand side of the screen there is a link that says "First Timers" click it and read all the information in that section.

3. Then if you go to http://www.pcg.org.uk/ on the menu on the left hand side of the screen there is a menu item called "New to Freelancing" click it and read the page. Feel free to download any PDF that you feel is relevant and read it.

4. Then read all the information again.

5. Then come back to this forum and read the threads with sticky's on at the top of the forum index.

6. Then if you feel you have a question use the search box. There is a link that says search in it - you click it and put in a combination of words. If the first combination of words doesn't produce any results but in another combination.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              I'm going to be helpful.

1. Click this link: nice picture

2. In the CUK Navigation box on the right hand side of the screen there is a link that says "First Timers" click it and read all the information in that section.

3. Then if you go to http://www.pcg.org.uk/ on the menu on the left hand side of the screen there is a menu item called "New to Freelancing" click it and read the page. Feel free to download any PDF that you feel is relevant and read it.

4. Then read all the information again.

5. Then come back to this forum and read the threads with sticky's on at the top of the forum index.

6. Then if you feel you have a question use the search box. There is a link that says search in it - you click it and put in a combination of words. If the first combination of words doesn't produce any results but in another combination.
              Can you create a thread with a title, something like "STOP - have you posted in this area before? If not, READ THIS".

Then perhaps a nice mod will make it sticky.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                Beat me to it!

Phoneguy_23 : Obviously the answer is not to declare any of it then you pay no tax at all. I'm sure nobody would mind...
                MAL: I guess you didn't bother to read my post properly, it clearly says within legal boundaries. Mate if cannot give proper advice then don't reply all together, why waste your and others time....

Comment

Originally posted by THEPUMA View Post
                  Now in this particular case, Mal, I think you would be perfectly justified in flaming him!
                  What the hell is your problem dude, just shut your gob and rest in peace

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                    Can you create a thread with a title, something like "STOP - have you posted in this area before? If not, READ THIS".

Then perhaps a nice mod will make it sticky.
                    What Crap is all this ?? why can't you just lay off

Comment

Working...
                    X