• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have to pass Credit Check before Contract Start?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By all means credit check the Ltd as it's essentially a B2B relationship and it is good business practice. Personal credit check? Tell em to feck off as it's non of their business...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Ive worked only at banks for the last 6 years and everyone has done a Credit check on me, and I actually got my current contract as the first person they offered it to failed the credit check. Its pretty much standard practice with all banks and has been for years. My gf even had to be credit checked for a job as a PA at a bank.

I agree with people I dont think its fair at all, its no ones business but your if paid bills etc on time, Ive always thought it highly unfair. Currently where I am now, I know at lot of people they wanted to recruit they couldnt due to failing the Credit check, it pisses off the managers nearly as much as the applicants. I'm not 100% sure but I think its a legal requirement with the FSA or something that you have to pass these checks.

Its a real pain in the butt for me personally as my skills are focused on the banking sector, if I start to fail credit checks I'm pretty sure I would have diffculty securing other work, I have to be anal about paying everything on time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
        What countries is bouncing a cheque illegal?
        In France, for example, if you bounce a cheque then you can't have a bank account for 10 years. That kind of firm treatment of wrongdoers is one reason why people in France feel able to accept cheques.
        Originally posted by Mailman
        Sounds a bit like hogwash to me mate.
        Not a conclusive indicator of anything much. Mate.

Comment

Working...
        X