• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 insurance. For how long it is effective?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 insurance. For how long it is effective?

Can someone please explain - when IR35 insurance (such as Qdos / PCG) will effectively be ceased?

For instance - I have Qdos insurance. If I move to PCG next year or stop to trade or for whatever reason I stop to pay Qdos - will it mean that Qdos will still covering the period I have paid them or to be covered for past periods I have to pay to Qdos for another 5 years afterwards (in parallel with PCG or even if I dont trade)?

You'd have to ask QDOS about theirs. PCG cover lasts as long as you are a member and covers all your contracts regardless: general advice to date fo people who are leaving contracting has been to hang on to the membership for the year after they stop contracting just to be safe, after that it won't really matter.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      to hang on to the membership for the year after they stop contracting just to be safe, after that it won't really matter.
      thank you.

but Dragonfly caught on 2000-3 contract...

Comment

I believe QDOS insurance works on a Date Claims Made basis, so you need to keep renewing the cover every year for it to be in force against a future claim, even on an old contract.

PCG PEI insurance is the same, you must keep renewing your membership (and hence the insurance) in order to be able to claim on it.

The Abbey Tax survive35 insurance (which adds insurance against tax paid, interest and penalties to the PCG PEI) is a one off payment for each contract/or contracting year and doesn't need subsequent renewal as long as you have the PCG PEI (via PCGPlus) in force.

Comment

Originally posted by Hex View Post
          I believe QDOS insurance works on a Date Claims Made basis, so you need to keep renewing the cover every year for it to be in force against a future claim, even on an old contract.

PCG PEI insurance is the same, you must keep renewing your membership (and hence the insurance) in order to be able to claim on it.

The Abbey Tax survive35 insurance (which adds insurance against tax paid, interest and penalties to the PCG PEI) is a one off payment for each contract/or contracting year and doesn't need subsequent renewal as long as you have the PCG PEI (via PCGPlus) in force.
          That what I thought thank you..

What is legal term for cases like this - what oldest contract can be challenged in the court ?

Comment

Statute of limitations is seven years I believe. So you'd need to pay for it for seven (or is it six) years after the last tax year you could be open to investigation.

Comment

Working...
            X