• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Expenses - GIANT say no.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expenses - GIANT say no.....

Hi,

I'm confused.....

I'm currently working away, staying at a B&B - need to claim my expenses but GIANT say I can only claim the last 60 days and their online system wont let me put in any dates earlier than 6th Jan? - I have expenses going back to mid October 2007.

The expenses are all for business - B&B, car travel, train etc.... £250 per week.

They are all in this tax year....

I rang them - they just say it's HMRC dispensation rules....

Question is....How can I get my money?

Self assessment?

Yes - I've set up a limited company for April!!

Cheers!

Tony

But the man from Del Monte, he say YES!!!
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

I think it's this one:

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/forms/p87.pdf

Just fill in the form, send it to the tax office and you are done. Giant should do it for you though, nice to see that the money you are paying them is being put to good use.....

Comment

I would imagine that their dispensation says that they need to see receipts for claims over 60 days old.

Some companies have a policy which says that expenses over 60 days old will not be paid, so that they can process them quicker, so it may be that too.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Cheers!

As I thought.....

Not an HMRC rule....

I'll speak to my nice shiny new accountant in a few weeks.

T

Comment

Just a minor point here, but wouldn't it have been better to submit an expenses claim at any point in the last 4 months?
            "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
            "See?"

Comment

What?

Do 'stuff' on time?

Also....

Apparently they changed their expenses policy in Dec.....

T

Comment

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
                Just a minor point here, but wouldn't it have been better to submit an expenses claim at any point in the last 4 months?
                Yeah, good point.

Tingles: just get yourself a time machine, go back in time, tell yourself what you now know and act on it. What's your problem? Duh!
                Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                  Yeah, good point.

Tingles: just get yourself a time machine, go back in time, tell yourself what you now know and act on it. What's your problem? Duh!
                  borrow threaded's time machine

Comment

Working...
                  X