• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paying Hotel Bill Company or Self to Pay?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paying Hotel Bill Company or Self to Pay?

Start a new contract tomorrow which means I have to stay in a hotel for a couple of nights a week.

I have my own company, and an accountant who does not seem to understand contracting (not that I am any wiser).

Do I pay for the hotel with the Company credit card or my own?

Ta

Not really an expert myself, but the answer is either.

If you put it on the company card it comes out of the companies profits directly, and if you put it on your personal card it comes out of company profits as expenses.

Either way I don't think it makes much difference apart from the fact that you may be able to get cash back on your personal card which is not taxable.

I tend to put them on my personal card purely because I don't carry the company credit card with me (too dangerous to lose it).

Comment

Agree makes no real difference.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Note real reason for the post:
        Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
        Start a new contract tomorrow

Now onto the spurious question:
        which means I have to stay in a hotel for a couple of nights a week.

Do I pay for the hotel with the Company credit card or my own?
        Company, in this case. Since you intend to claim it anyway.

(Company credit card? IMyCo's only been active for 12 years and has never turned over more than £135k in a year so I've never managed to get one. Not that I want one, but that's not the point.)
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Note real reason for the reply:
          Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
          (Company credit card? IMyCo's only been active for 12 years and has never turned over more than £135k in a year so I've never managed to get one. Not that I want one, but that's not the point.)

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
            Note real reason for the post:

Odd.

The Bank, HSBC, pushed one of me as soon as I opened my company bank account.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Odd.

The Bank, HSBC, pushed one of me as soon as I opened my company bank account.
              Even when I had a NatWest (spit) Premier Account, they would not consider giving me even a company cash card, let alone credit card.

When I moved on from that bunch of lacklustre incompetents, I managed to get a company cash card but still refused a company credit card, BUT my wife can no longer be a signatory on the company cheques, despite being a Director (and me the Company Sec.).

I really don't know how they work these things out. Make them up, I suppose.

[ if you want to reply "NatWest have been OK for me" then don't because I'm not interested. Or, PM me and I'll send you 12 pages of woe that will make you switch accounts before the week is out. ]
              Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

From my experience Natwest are the biggest bunch of tossers around. I constantly laugh in derision when I see thier "another way" adverts...

Natwest are like NTL (Now Virgin I know). You leave BT because the service is tulipe and join NTL thinking it can't possibly get any worse. A year of hell later you go back to BT knowing just how much worse it can get....

It all seems fine until you have a problem then you find out what they are really like

Comment

and an accountant who does not seem to understand contracting
                  Get a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
                    From my experience Natwest are the biggest bunch of tossers around. I constantly laugh in derision when I see thier "another way" adverts...

Natwest are like NTL (Now Virgin I know). You leave BT because the service is tulipe and join NTL thinking it can't possibly get any worse. A year of hell later you go back to BT knowing just how much worse it can get....
                    Yeah but least with Natwest you can leave and go elsewhere....well I went to RBS and they took the f*****s over so I left again.......
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X