• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inform present mortgage provider I am going contracting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inform present mortgage provider I am going contracting?

Just about to sign a contract for my first gig (and resign my current permie job) and had a sudden panic - do I need to tell my current mortgage provider that I will be contracting?

I will be working through my own Ltd, my take-home will easily cover my current outgoings (plus a bit) so not concerned about making the mortgage payments.

So, to cut a long story short, do I need to tell 'em, or should it just be something I need to worry about when the current offer comes to an end and I'm looking for a new mortgage?

Thanks.

If you'd got another permie job would you have told them? That's all your doing now - moving to another permie job, working as a consultant for your employer. You just happen to also own the company that's employing you.

It may become relevant if you come to take out a new mortgage. Then they may want to see your company's income.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I didn't.

If you fall behind in the payments, they might be interested and tell you you should have told them. Otherwise, they won't care.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Thanks Gents, thought that would be answer, but just wanted a second opinion.

Many thanks for the help!

Comment

As long as your keeping up the payments they won't be bothered.

Comment

Working...
          X